Table of Contents
The Oakland Athletics (19-56) will attempt to break a six-game losing streak when they visit the Cleveland Guardians (34-38) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET. The Athletics (+156) are not projected to end the streak against the Guardians (-183). Oakland has Paul Blackburn expected to start, while Cleveland has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 46 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB play.
- Cleveland’s .244 batting average ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Guardians rank 22nd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .309.
- Cleveland’s batters strike out 7.1 times per game, the second-fewest strikeouts in MLB.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per home game this season (19 total at home).
- Cleveland has a .372 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .242.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 77 hits and an OBP of .346 to go with a slugging percentage of .500. All three of those stats are best among Cleveland hitters this season. He has a .283 batting average, as well.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 28th, his on-base percentage ranks 54th, and he is 23rd in slugging.
- Ramirez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .348 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Steven Kwan has 17 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 34 walks. He’s batting .260 and slugging .353 with an on-base percentage of .336.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average places him 78th, his on-base percentage 70th, and his slugging percentage 143rd.
- Kwan brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, a triple and three RBI.
- Josh Naylor has collected 66 base hits, an OBP of .328 and a slugging percentage of .442 this season.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with 58 hits, an OBP of .307 plus a slugging percentage of .372.
- Gimenez heads into this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a triple, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 22nd in Major League Baseball with 69 home runs.
- Oakland ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .221.
- The Athletics have an on-base percentage of .303 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Oakland ranks 29th in strikeouts per game (9.4) among MLB offenses.
- In 37 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 39 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Oakland has a team slugging percentage of .380 in away games this season with 99 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.9 base hits per game and batting .235 on the road this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has a .345 slugging percentage, which leads the Athletics. He’s batting .265 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- He is 62nd in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 149th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Ruiz hopes to build on a six-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .270 with four doubles, three walks and three RBI.
- Brent Rooker’s 55 hits pace his team. He has a batting average of .250 while slugging .482 with an on-base percentage of .350.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 95th in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Noda a has .389 on-base percentage to lead the Athletics.
- Jace Peterson is hitting .222 with four doubles, a triple, five home runs and 26 walks.
Guardians vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|(CLE)||Pitcher||Paul Blackburn (OAK)|
|–||W/L||0 – 0|
Guardians vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Athletics: Kevin Smith: 10 Day IL (Back), Zach Jackson: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Richard Lovelady: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Mason Miller: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Manny Piña: 60 Day IL (Wrist)