Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (31-41) and the Kansas City Royals (20-53) meet on Wednesday at 1:10 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Tigers are favored (-124) to take the rubber match against the Royals (+105). Detroit’s Matthew Boyd and Kansas City’s Brady Singer will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Royals
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit 66 home runs this season, the fourth-lowest total in MLB play.
- Detroit has the fourth-worst batting average in the majors (.228).
- The Tigers’ .301 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in MLB.
- Detroit’s 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 16th in the majors.
- The Tigers average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (36 total in home outings).
- Detroit has a .390 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .242.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .228 with 17 doubles, eight home runs and 30 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .309 while slugging .381.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 129th in batting average, 122nd in on-base percentage, and 124th in slugging.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .246 with eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and 26 walks. He’s slugging .374 with an on-base percentage of .338.
- Among qualifying hitters, he is 101st in batting average, 68th in on-base percentage and 128th in slugging percentage.
- Javier Baez has hit five homers with a team-high .349 SLG this season.
- Baez has picked up a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, two triples, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Matt Vierling is batting .262 with a .322 OBP and 19 RBI for Detroit this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals’ 67 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- Kansas City ranks 23rd in MLB with a .232 team batting average.
- The Royals are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .297.
- Kansas City ranks 19th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 27 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 35 road contests this season.
- Kansas City has a team slugging percentage of .352 in away games this season with 89 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.4 base hits per game and batting .222 on the road this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has accumulated a team-best .430 slugging percentage. He’s batting .246 with an on-base percentage of .288.
- Including all qualifying players in the majors, he ranks 101st in batting average, 149th in on-base percentage and 80th in slugging percentage.
- Salvador Perez has 69 hits to pace his team. He has a batting average of .267 while slugging .484 with an on-base percentage of .302.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 60th in batting average, 129th in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging percentage.
- Edward Olivares has 10 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 11 walks while hitting .254.
- MJ Melendez is hitting .211 with 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 29 walks.
Tigers vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Matthew Boyd (DET)||Pitcher||Brady Singer (KC)|
|4 – 5||W/L||4 – 6|
Tigers vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Tigers: Eduardo Rodríguez: 10 Day IL (Finger), Akil Baddoo: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Fibula), Alex Faedo: 15 Day IL (Finger), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Trey Wingenter: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Beau Brieske: 60 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Royals: Kyle Isbel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Michael Massey: 10 Day IL (Hand), Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Amir Garrett: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Josh Staumont: 15 Day IL (Neck), Ryan Yarbrough: 60 Day IL (Head), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)