Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (38-42) host the Cleveland Guardians (39-42) on Saturday at 7:15 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-139) against the underdog Guardians (+118). Chicago’s Marcus Stroman and Cleveland’s Tanner Bibee pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Saturday, July 1, 2023
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: FOX
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 18th in MLB play with 89 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Chicago’s .249 batting average ranks 16th in the majors.
- The Cubs are seventh in baseball with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Chicago strikes out 9.1 times per game, the No. 21 mark in MLB.
- The Cubs average 1.1 homers per home game this season (45 total at home).
- Chicago is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .402 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .253.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a slugging percentage of .406, fueled by 22 extra-base hits. He has a .290 batting average and an on-base percentage of .338.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 18th, his on-base percentage ranks 60th, and he is 99th in slugging.
- Hoerner hopes to build on a nine-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .302 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and nine RBI.
- Dansby Swanson leads Chicago with 80 hits. He is batting .264 this season and has 25 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .413 with an on-base percentage of .352.
- His batting average ranks 64th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 33rd, and his slugging percentage 90th.
- Ian Happ has 71 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .378.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .266 with a .329 OBP and 22 RBI for Chicago this season.
- Bellinger heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .265 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank last in Major League Baseball with just 54 home runs as a team.
- Cleveland’s .247 batting average ranks 18th in the majors this season.
- The Guardians have the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.312).
- Cleveland is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking second with an average of 7.1 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 42 road contests this season.
- Cleveland has a team slugging percentage of .369 in away games this season with 106 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .248 with 8.7 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated 88 hits with a .362 on-base percentage and a .517 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Guardians. He’s batting .291.
- Including all qualified players in MLB, he is 16th in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage and 11th in slugging percentage.
- Steven Kwan has 18 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 37 walks while hitting .261. He’s slugging .348 with an on-base percentage of .338.
- His batting average ranks 71st among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 60th, and he is 139th in slugging.
- Josh Naylor is hitting .296 with 18 doubles, 10 home runs and 18 walks.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .238 with 11 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 15 walks.
Cubs vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Marcus Stroman (CHC)||Pitcher||Tanner Bibee (CLE)|
|9 – 5||W/L||4 – 2|
Cubs vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Cubs: Patrick Wisdom: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Marcus Stroman: day-to-day (Finger), Seiya Suzuki: day-to-day (Neck stiffness)
- Guardians: Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)