Table of Contents
Ronald Acuna Jr. leads the Atlanta Braves (56-27) into a matchup against Josh Naylor and the Cleveland Guardians (41-42) on Monday at 7:10 PM ET at Progressive Field. Acuna is hitting .336, the second-best batting average in the majors, for the favored Braves (-153), while Naylor ranks 10th in MLB play with a .301 batting average this season for the underdog Guardians (+132). Bryce Elder gets the starting nod for Atlanta, and Gavin Williams is Cleveland’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Monday, July 3, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Braves vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Atlanta Braves average 1.9 home runs per game and have hit a league-leading 158 home runs in total.
- Atlanta is second in the majors with a .272 batting average.
- The Braves rank second in baseball with a .342 on-base percentage.
- Atlanta strikes out 8.2 times per game, the sixth-best average in baseball.
- The Braves have hit 76 homers on the road this season (2.0 per game).
- Atlanta is slugging .492 with 3.8 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .265 on the road this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Acuna leads Atlanta with 112 hits and an OBP of .415, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .604. He’s batting .336.
- He is second in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and second in slugging among qualified batters in MLB.
- Matt Olson is batting .252 with 16 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 50 walks, while slugging .576 with an on-base percentage of .356.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average ranks him 85th, his on-base percentage 34th, and his slugging percentage third.
- Ozzie Albies has 83 hits this season and has a slash line of .259/.311/.506.
- Austin Riley has 15 home runs, 45 RBI and a batting average of .273 this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank last in Major League Baseball with just 55 home runs as a team.
- Cleveland’s .247 batting average ranks 17th in the majors this season.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .311 this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- Cleveland is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking second with an average of 7.2 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 23 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 39 home contests this season.
- Cleveland is slugging .378 in 39 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .245 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up a team-high OBP (.359) and slugging percentage (.508), and leads the Guardians in hits (90, while batting .289).
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average is 16th, his on-base percentage ranks 31st, and he is 14th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has 19 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 38 walks while hitting .261. He’s slugging .350 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- He ranks 69th in batting average, 56th in on-base percentage and 140th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Naylor is batting .301 with 18 doubles, 10 home runs and 18 walks.
- Andres Gimenez has 12 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 16 walks while batting .243.
Braves vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Bryce Elder (ATL)||Pitcher||Gavin Williams (CLE)|
|6 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Braves vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Braves: Jesse Chávez: 15 Day IL (Shin), Max Fried: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Dylan Lee: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ehire Adrianza: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kyle Wright: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Guardians: Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)