Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Reds (45-39) and the Washington Nationals (34-49) meet in the first of a four-game series on Monday at Nationals Park, starting at 6:05 PM ET. The favored Reds (-130) are coming off of a 2-1 series win over the Padres, and the underdog Nationals (+111) enter the matchup following a 2-1 series win over the Phillies. Cincinnati has Luke Weaver starting, and Washington will send out Jake Irvin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Monday, July 3, 2023
- Game Time: 6:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the Reds vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds are 22nd in MLB play with 88 total home runs.
- Cincinnati’s .256 batting average is 10th-best in MLB.
- The Reds are fourth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Cincinnati strikes out 8.9 times per game, the No. 19 mark in the majors.
- The Reds have hit 33 home runs away from home this season (0.8 per game).
- Cincinnati has a .398 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .258 away from home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer leads Cincinnati with 84 hits and an OBP of .374, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .502. He’s batting .283.
- Among qualifying batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 28th, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is 21st in slugging.
- Jonathan India has 17 doubles, 11 home runs and 33 walks. He’s batting .254 and slugging .411 with an on-base percentage of .345.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 80th, his on-base percentage 46th, and his slugging percentage 96th.
- Jake Fraley has 58 hits this season and has a slash line of .274/.354/.476.
- TJ Friedl has six home runs, 31 RBI and a batting average of .306 this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals rank 29th in Major League Baseball with just 68 home runs as a team.
- Washington has a team batting average of .261 this season, which ranks fifth among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- Washington has the fewest strikeouts in MLB, fanning only 7.1 times per game on average.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 40 home contests this season.
- Washington has a team slugging percentage of .393 in home games this season with 109 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .266 as a team at home this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has totaled 97 hits with a .348 on-base percentage and a .506 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Nationals. He’s batting .299.
- He ranks 11th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in the big leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .264 with 26 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 28 walks. He’s slugging .475 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 63rd in batting average, 56th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage.
- Luis Garcia is batting .276 with 12 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 17 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz has 10 doubles, nine home runs and 16 walks while hitting .233.
Reds vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Luke Weaver (CIN)||Pitcher||Jake Irvin (WSH)|
|1 – 2||W/L||1 – 4|
Reds vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Reds: Ben Lively: 15 Day IL (Pectoral), Hunter Greene: 15 Day IL (Hip), Casey Legumina: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Nationals: Victor Robles: 10 Day IL (Back), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Carl Edwards Jr.: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), MacKenzie Gore: day-to-day (Finger)