Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (37-47) host the Oakland Athletics (24-63) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Tigers are favored (-217) against the underdog Athletics (+181). Detroit has Eduardo Rodriguez starting, and Oakland will send out Ken Waldichuk.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 5, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers are 24th in baseball with 80 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Detroit’s .229 batting average ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Tigers’ .300 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in baseball.
- Detroit’s 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 17th in the majors.
- The Tigers average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (37 total in home outings).
- Detroit is slugging .375 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .240.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit with 70 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .397. He’s batting .224 with an on-base percentage of .308.
- Among qualified hitters, he ranks 131st in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 117th, and he is 109th in slugging.
- Zach McKinstry leads Detroit in OBP (.333) this season, fueled by 58 hits. He’s batting .250 while slugging .379.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks 91st in batting average, 70th in on-base percentage and 123rd in slugging percentage.
- Matt Vierling is batting .279 with a .428 slugging percentage and 22 RBI this year.
- Vierling has logged a hit or more in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with two triples, two walks and an RBI.
- Javier Baez has an OPS of .582, fueled by an OBP of .255 and a team-best slugging percentage of .327 this season.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 25th in Major League Baseball with 78 home runs.
- Oakland ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .218.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .298.
- Oakland ranks 26th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 44 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 43 road contests this season.
- Oakland has a team slugging percentage of .367 in away games this season with 109 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .226 with 7.6 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has a slugging percentage of .328, a team-high for the Athletics. He’s batting .255 with an on-base percentage of .309.
- He is 81st in batting average, 115th in on-base percentage and 148th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- Brent Rooker has collected 58 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .240 while slugging .471 with an on-base percentage of .338.
- His batting average is 111th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 62nd, and he is 45th in slugging.
- Ryan Noda a has .386 on-base percentage to lead the Athletics.
- Tony Kemp has six doubles, two triples, three home runs and 24 walks while batting .193.
Tigers vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|4 – 4||W/L||1 – 5|
Tigers vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Tigers: Akil Baddoo: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Fibula), Eduardo Rodríguez: 15 Day IL (Finger), Will Vest: 15 Day IL (Leg), Alex Faedo: 15 Day IL (Finger), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Trey Wingenter: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Beau Brieske: 60 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Reese Olson: day-to-day (Knee)
- Athletics: Kevin Smith: 10 Day IL (Back), Ramón Laureano: 10 Day IL (Hand), Carlos Pérez: 10 Day IL (Thumb), James Kaprielian: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Yacksel Ríos: 15 Day IL (Raynaud’s syndrome), Zach Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Mason Miller: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed)