Table of Contents
The Miami Marlins (51-37) are favored (-135) as they try to sweep a four-game series against the St. Louis Cardinals (35-51, +114). The series finale begins at 6:40 PM ET on Thursday. Eury Perez starts for Miami while St. Louis will counter with Jack Flaherty.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Thursday, July 6, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Marlins vs. the Cardinals?
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 23rd in MLB action with 82 total home runs.
- Miami has the third-best batting average in the majors (.263).
- The Marlins rank 12th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Miami strikes out 8.1 times per game to rank 10th in baseball.
- The Marlins have hit 32 home runs at home this season (0.7 per game).
- Miami is slugging .406 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .278.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami with an OBP of .437, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .476. He’s batting .384 on the season.
- He is first in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and 42nd in slugging among all qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Arraez has recorded at least one hit in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .268 with three doubles, three walks and four RBI.
- Jorge Soler leads Miami in total hits (77) this season while batting .252 with 40 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .526 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- Among all qualified, he is 89th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and ninth in slugging percentage.
- Soler takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .350 with five doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Bryan De La Cruz is batting .277 with a .418 slugging percentage and 48 RBI this year.
- De La Cruz brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with a double, a walk and four RBI.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .255 with a .302 OBP and 42 RBI for Miami this season.
- Cooper brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank seventh in Major League Baseball with 116 home runs.
- St. Louis ranks 13th in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Cardinals have an on-base percentage of .328 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- St. Louis ranks 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 60 homers, an average of 1.4 per game, in 44 road contests this season.
- In 44 road games this season, it is slugging .417 with 137 hits going for extra bases.
- In 44 road games this season, they have a batting average of .242 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has put up a team-best .482 slugging percentage. He’s batting .284 with an on-base percentage of .370.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average places him 27th, his on-base percentage ranks 22nd, and he is 35th in slugging.
- Nolan Arenado paces his team with 89 hits. He has a batting average of .280 while slugging .497 with an on-base percentage of .326.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average puts him 34th, his on-base percentage is 83rd, and he is 24th in slugging.
- Tommy Edman has 15 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 24 walks while hitting .237.
- Brendan Donovan’s .378 OBP leads his team.
Marlins vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers
|Eury Pérez (MIA)||Pitcher||Jack Flaherty (STL)|
|5 – 2||W/L||5 – 5|
Marlins vs. Cardinals Injury Updates
- Marlins: Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Back), Jazz Chisholm: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Jonathan Davis: 10 Day IL (Knee), Andrew Nardi: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Edward Cabrera: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Barnes: 15 Day IL (Hip), Trevor Rogers: 60 Day IL (Forearm ), Johnny Cueto: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Cardinals: Andrew Knizner: 10 Day IL (Groin), Drew VerHagen: 15 Day IL (Hip), Adam Wainwright: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Helsley: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Tyler O’Neill: 60 Day IL (Back), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tommy Edman: day-to-day (Wrist)