Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (45-44) are favored (-242) as they look to finish off a sweep of a four-game series against the Kansas City Royals (25-65, +193). The series finale begins at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday. Cleveland’s Shane Bieber starts against Kansas City’s Ryan Yarbrough.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Royals
- Game Day: Sunday, July 9, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit the fewest home runs in MLB action this season (60).
- Cleveland’s .250 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Guardians’ .314 on-base percentage is 22nd in baseball.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.1 times per game, the second-fewest average in the majors.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per home game this season (28 total at home).
- Cleveland has a .385 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 95 hits and an OBP of .362, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .506. He’s batting .286.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, he is 19th in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage, and 17th in slugging.
- Ramirez will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .266 with 21 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 39 walks. He’s slugging .353 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- He is 54th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 139th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Josh Naylor has collected 90 base hits, an OBP of .348 and a slugging percentage of .488 this season.
- Naylor heads into this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .500 with a double, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with 73 hits, an OBP of .315 plus a slugging percentage of .381.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals’ 77 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Kansas City has a team batting average of just .231 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Royals are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .294.
- Kansas City ranks 25th in strikeouts per game (9.1) among MLB offenses.
- In 46 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 37 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- Kansas City has a team slugging percentage of .356 in away games this season with 120 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .223 with 7.5 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has 92 hits with a .298 on-base percentage and a .440 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Royals. He’s batting .256.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he ranks 79th in batting average, 130th in on-base percentage and 65th in slugging percentage.
- Witt Jr. brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, a triple, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Salvador Perez is hitting .245 with 14 doubles, 15 home runs and 12 walks. He’s slugging .435 with an on-base percentage of .286.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 102nd in batting average, 141st in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage.
- Edward Olivares has 12 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 13 walks while batting .242.
- Maikel Garcia has 11 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 19 walks while hitting .285.
Guardians vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Shane Bieber (CLE)||Pitcher||Ryan Yarbrough (KC)|
|5 – 5||W/L||1 – 4|
Guardians vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Royals: Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Zack Greinke: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Staumont: 15 Day IL (Neck), Josh Taylor: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Yarbrough: 60 Day IL (Head), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Beaty: 7 Day IL (Concussion), Edward Olivares: day-to-day (Back)