Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (45-44) will look to J.P. Crawford, who is riding a 10-game hitting streak, when they square off against the Detroit Tigers (39-50). The Mariners are the moneyline favorites (-169) in this contest with the Tigers (+140), which begins at 10:10 PM ET on Friday at T-Mobile Park. Detroit is expected to start Eduardo Rodriguez, while Seattle has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Friday, July 14, 2023
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are 16th in MLB play with 102 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Seattle’s .232 batting average ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Mariners’ .312 on-base percentage is 23rd in MLB.
- Seattle’s hitters strike out 9.8 times per game, the 29th-most in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.1 homers per home game this season (47 total at home).
- Seattle is averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .392 in home contests.
- The team averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .232 at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in slugging percentage (.411) thanks to 32 extra-base hits. He has a .249 batting average and an on-base percentage of .310.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, he ranks 95th in batting average, 110th in on-base percentage, and 91st in slugging.
- Crawford has 75 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .362. He’s batting .253 and slugging .395.
- Among all qualified, he ranks 85th in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage and 108th in slugging percentage.
- Crawford enters this matchup looking to extend his 10-game hit streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .359 with four doubles, two home runs, seven walks and seven RBI.
- Ty France has collected 88 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .389 this season.
- Teoscar Hernandez has 85 hits, which is tops among Seattle hitters this season, while batting .250 with 32 extra-base hits.
- Hernandez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .133 with two doubles, four walks and an RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit 82 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .230 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .299.
- Detroit ranks 17th in strikeouts per game (nine) among MLB offenses.
- In 44 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 43 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- In 44 road games this season, it is slugging .358 with 112 hits going for extra bases.
- In 44 road games this season, they have a batting average of .219 while averaging 7.5 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has accumulated a slugging percentage of .402 and has 76 hits, both team-high marks for the Tigers. He’s batting .228 and with an on-base percentage of .309.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, he ranks 127th in batting average, 112th in on-base percentage and 101st in slugging percentage.
- Torkelson hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and three RBI.
- Zach McKinstry has a .326 OBP to pace his team. He has a batting average of .247 while slugging .368.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 98th in batting average, 87th in on-base percentage and 131st in slugging percentage.
- Matt Vierling is batting .280 with eight doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 21 walks.
- Javier Baez is batting .225 with 11 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 13 walks.
Mariners vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|(SEA)||Pitcher||Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)|
|–||W/L||4 – 5|
Mariners vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Mariners: Bryce Miller: 15 Day IL (Finger), Marco Gonzales: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Penn Murfee: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Easton McGee: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Robbie Ray: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor)
- Tigers: Will Vest: 15 Day IL (Leg), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)