Table of Contents
Seiya Suzuki leads the Chicago Cubs (44-50) into a matchup against the Washington Nationals (38-57) a game after he racked up four hits in a 17-3 win over the Nationals. The Cubs are moneyline favorites (-166) against the Nationals (+142) in this outing, which begins at 8:05 PM ET on Wednesday. Chicago’s Kyle Hendricks gets the start against Washington’s Trevor Williams.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 19, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 20th in MLB play with 104 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Chicago’s .250 batting average ranks 17th in the majors.
- The Cubs’ .328 on-base percentage is ninth-best in baseball.
- Chicago’s 9.2 strikeouts per game rank 24th in MLB.
- The Cubs have hit 54 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- Chicago is slugging .405 with 2.5 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .257 at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.377) thanks to 24 extra-base hits. He has a .273 batting average and an on-base percentage of .323.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 44th in batting average, 88th in on-base percentage, and 127th in slugging.
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .308 with 13 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 22 walks. He’s slugging .523 with an on-base percentage of .365.
- Bellinger has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .421 with three home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with an OBP of .375 this season while batting .248 with 65 walks and 38 runs scored.
- Happ heads into this matchup with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Christopher Morel has been key for Chicago with 53 hits, an OBP of .322 plus a slugging percentage of .551.
- Morel has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a walk and three RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals’ 84 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- Washington’s .260 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Washington ranks second in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.1 Ks per contest.
- In 48 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 47 homers, an average of 1.0 per contest.
- In 48 road games this season, it is slugging .400 with 141 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .255 with 9.0 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has accumulated a team-high OBP (.342) and slugging percentage (.488), while leading the Nationals in hits (110, while batting .293).
- He is 12th in batting average, 51st in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the majors.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .260 with 27 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 30 walks. He’s slugging .480 with an on-base percentage of .336.
- His batting average is 70th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 62nd, and he is 36th in slugging.
- Luis Garcia is hitting .263 with 12 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 20 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .243 with 12 doubles, 11 home runs and 19 walks.
Cubs vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Hendricks (CHC)||Pitcher||Trevor Williams (WSH)|
|3 – 4||W/L||5 – 5|
Cubs vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Cubs: Dansby Swanson: 10 Day IL (Heel), Nick Madrigal: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Christopher Morel: day-to-day (Neck)
- Nationals: Victor Robles: 10 Day IL (Back), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Hunter Harvey: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Carl Edwards Jr.: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Thad Ward: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)