Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (50-48) host the Chicago White Sox (41-57) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Twins are favored (-160) against the underdog White Sox (+137). Minnesota’s Joe Ryan and Chicago’s Lance Lynn pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Friday, July 21, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: BSN
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB play with 129 total home runs.
- Minnesota ranks 23rd in the majors with a .234 batting average.
- The Twins rank 22nd in baseball with a .312 on-base percentage.
- Minnesota strikes out 10.2 times per game, the worst mark in MLB.
- The Twins have hit 64 homers at home this season (1.3 per game).
- Minnesota has a .427 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .242 at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa has 77 hits and an OBP of .305 to go with a slugging percentage of .410. All three of those stats are tops among Minnesota hitters this season. He has a .231 batting average, as well.
- He ranks 125th in batting average, 116th in on-base percentage, and 97th in slugging among qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Byron Buxton has 12 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 33 walks. He’s batting .193 and slugging .404 with an on-base percentage of .281.
- Among qualifying batters, his batting average places him 146th, his on-base percentage 142nd, and his slugging percentage 102nd.
- Max Kepler has collected 51 base hits, an OBP of .290 and a slugging percentage of .437 this season.
- Donovan Solano is batting .275 with a .378 OBP and 22 RBI for Minnesota this season.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 16th in Major League Baseball with 108 home runs.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .238 this season, which ranks 20th among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have an on-base percentage of .296 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Chicago ranks 19th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- In 52 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 52 road games this season, it is slugging .387 with 155 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .233 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert has 100 hits with a .571 slugging percentage, both team-high figures for the White Sox. He’s batting .275 and with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Including all qualified players, he is 37th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 79th and he is fifth in slugging.
- Robert heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .364 with a double, two home runs and six RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has 23 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 28 walks while batting .244. He’s slugging .422 with an on-base percentage of .316.
- He is 104th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage and 85th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Andrew Benintendi a has .352 on-base percentage to pace the White Sox.
- Jake Burger is hitting .221 with 15 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 17 walks.
Twins vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Joe Ryan (MIN)||Pitcher||Lance Lynn (CHW)|
|8 – 6||W/L||6 – 8|
Twins vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Twins: Jose Miranda: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jorge Polanco: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Royce Lewis: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Brock Stewart: 15 Day IL (Elbow), José De León: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Caleb Thielbar: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- White Sox: Yoán Moncada: 10 Day IL (Back), Mike Clevinger: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Joe Kelly: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Andrew Vaughn: day-to-day (Foot)