Table of Contents
The St. Louis Cardinals (44-54) visit the Chicago Cubs (46-51) on Saturday at Wrigley Field, beginning at 2:20 PM ET. The Cardinals are favored on the moneyline (-114), while the Cubs are -106 underdogs. The Cubs are the spread favorite () with odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas starts against Chicago’s Michael Fulmer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Saturday, July 22, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cardinals vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals are seventh in MLB play with 133 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- St. Louis is eighth in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Cardinals are fourth in MLB with a .332 on-base percentage.
- St. Louis’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 12th in the majors.
- The Cardinals average 1.3 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (67 total in road contests).
- St. Louis is slugging .417 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .244.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Nolan Arenado leads St. Louis with 104 hits, batting .286 this season with 42 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .334 and a slugging percentage of .522.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 20th in batting average, 63rd in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Arenado will look for his sixth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and 12 RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in slugging percentage (.468) thanks to 37 extra-base hits. He’s batting .283 with an on-base percentage of .371.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 28th, his on-base percentage 18th, and his slugging percentage 43rd.
- Brendan Donovan leads St. Louis with an OBP of .372 this season while batting .284 with 33 walks and 42 runs scored.
- Nolan Gorman has been key for St. Louis with 72 hits, an OBP of .321 plus a slugging percentage of .478.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 108 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- Chicago’s .251 batting average ranks 15th in the majors this season.
- The Cubs have an on-base percentage of .329 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- Chicago ranks 25th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- In 51 games at home this season, they’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Chicago has a team slugging percentage of .410 in home games this season with 134 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .258 as a team at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has put up a team-high .379 slugging percentage. He’s batting .271 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, he is 47th in batting average, 85th in on-base percentage and 125th in slugging percentage.
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .317 with 15 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 22 walks. He’s slugging .542 with an on-base percentage of .371.
- Ian Happ a has .368 on-base percentage to pace the Cubs.
- Christopher Morel is batting .263 with eight doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 18 walks.
Cardinals vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Miles Mikolas (STL)||Pitcher||Michael Fulmer (CHC)|
|6 – 5||W/L||1 – 5|
Cardinals vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Cardinals: Tommy Edman: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Drew VerHagen: 15 Day IL (Hip), Ryan Helsley: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Adam Wainwright: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Cubs: Dansby Swanson: 10 Day IL (Heel), Nick Madrigal: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)