Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (61-40) host the Baltimore Orioles (59-38) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. The Rays are favored (-181) against the underdog Orioles (+153). Shane McClanahan starts for Tampa Bay while Baltimore will counter with Grayson Rodriguez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Saturday, July 22, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: BSSUN
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays are third in baseball with 148 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Tampa Bay is seventh in the majors with a .258 batting average.
- The Rays are 10th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 8.6 times per game, the No. 19 average in the majors.
- The Rays average 1.5 homers per game when playing at home this season (76 total in home outings).
- Tampa Bay has a .456 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .257.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco is hitting .270 with 23 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 34 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .333 while slugging .443.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, he is 50th in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage, and 61st in slugging.
- Yandy Diaz is slashing .319/.402/.502 this season and leads the Rays with an OPS of .904.
- His batting average is fourth among qualified players, his on-base percentage sixth, and his slugging percentage 20th.
- Diaz heads into this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has collected 93 base hits, an OBP of .372 and a slugging percentage of .457 this season.
- Isaac Paredes has 73 hits, which leads Tampa Bay hitters this season, while batting .261 with 33 extra-base hits.
- Paredes brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles have hit 114 homers this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- Baltimore ranks 13th in MLB with a .252 team batting average.
- The Orioles have an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- Baltimore ranks 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 60 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 47 road contests this season.
- Baltimore has a team slugging percentage of .422 in away games this season with 158 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .249 on the road this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman has a .374 on-base percentage and a .429 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Orioles. He’s batting .273.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, he ranks 41st in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage and 77th in slugging percentage.
- Anthony Santander’s 94 hits lead his team. He has a batting average of .266 while slugging .486 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- He is 55th in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Adam Frazier has 12 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 24 walks while hitting .233.
- Gunnar Henderson has 12 doubles, five triples, 15 home runs and 41 walks while batting .243.
Rays vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Shane McClanahan (TB)||Pitcher||Grayson Rodriguez (BAL)|
|11 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Rays vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Rays: Francisco Mejía: 10 Day IL (Knee), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Josh Fleming: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Orioles: Cedric Mullins: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Keegan Akin: 15 Day IL (Back), Austin Voth: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Mychal Givens: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow)