Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers (58-44) and the Cincinnati Reds (57-48) meet on Saturday at 9:10 PM ET. The Dodgers are favored on the moneyline (-204) against the underdog Reds (+171). Los Angeles’ Emmet Sheehan gets the start against Cincinnati’s Luke Weaver.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Reds
- Game Day: Saturday, July 29, 2023
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: SportsNet LA
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are second-best in MLB play with 166 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks 16th in the majors with a .249 batting average.
- The Dodgers are third in MLB with a .337 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles strikes out 8.8 times per game, the No. 15 mark in the majors.
- The Dodgers average 1.7 homers per home game this season (83 total at home).
- Los Angeles is averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .465 at home.
- The club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .254 at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles with 135 hits and an OBP of .413, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .582. He’s batting .332.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, he ranks second in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Freeman has recorded a base hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .463 with three doubles, a triple, four home runs, seven walks and 10 RBI.
- Mookie Betts has 26 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 65 walks. He’s batting .277 and slugging .560 with an on-base percentage of .383.
- Among qualifying hitters, he ranks 35th in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage.
- Betts takes a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .200 with three doubles, nine walks and three RBI.
- Will Smith has collected 80 base hits, an OBP of .387 and a slugging percentage of .477 this season.
- Max Muncy has been key for Los Angeles with 58 hits, an OBP of .328 plus a slugging percentage of .473.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 117 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- Cincinnati’s .252 batting average ranks 14th in the majors this season.
- The Reds have an OBP of .331 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- Cincinnati ranks 23rd with an average of 9.0 strikeouts per game.
- In 51 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 47 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- In 51 road games this season, it is slugging .401 with 154 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .255 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer has accumulated an on-base percentage of .362, a slugging percentage of .463, and has 102 hits, all club-highs for the Reds (while batting .276).
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 37th in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Jonathan India has 20 doubles, 14 home runs and 39 walks while hitting .251. He’s slugging .409 with an on-base percentage of .336.
- He ranks 92nd in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 98th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .264 with 13 doubles, 15 home runs and 32 walks.
- TJ Friedl has 16 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 26 walks while hitting .281.
Dodgers vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Emmet Sheehan (LAD)||Pitcher||Luke Weaver (CIN)|
|3 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Dodgers vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jake Marisnick: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Clayton Kershaw: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Shelby Miller: 60 Day IL (Neck), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Pepiot: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Trayce Thompson: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Reds: Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Hunter Greene: 15 Day IL (Hip), Casey Legumina: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)