Table of Contents
Bookmakers give the New York Mets (50-61) the edge, -115 on the moneyline, to end their six-game losing streak when they take on the Chicago Cubs (58-54), at -105, on Monday at 7:10 PM ET. New York’s Kodai Senga starts against Chicago’s Drew Smyly.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Monday, August 7, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 11th in baseball with 137 total home runs.
- New York ranks 24th in MLB with a .236 batting average.
- The Mets are 19th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .315.
- New York strikes out 7.9 times per game, the fourth-best mark in baseball.
- The Mets have hit 67 home runs at home this season (1.4 per game).
- New York is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .400 in home contests.
- The club is batting .226 with 350 hits (7.1 per game) at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .241 with 25 doubles, two triples, 22 home runs and 48 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .328 while slugging .470.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, he ranks 111th in batting average, 78th in on-base percentage, and 44th in slugging.
- Lindor has recorded at least one hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (84) this season while batting .220 with 44 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .503 with an on-base percentage of .312.
- He is 130th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Brandon Nimmo is slashing .257/.355/.432 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of .787.
- Jeff McNeil has been key for New York with 101 hits, an OBP of .327 plus a slugging percentage of .332.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 135 home runs rank 13th in Major League Baseball.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .257 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .334 this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 21st in strikeouts per game (nine) among MLB offenses.
- In 52 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 60 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 52 road games this season, it is slugging .406 with 156 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .247 with 8.5 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has accumulated a team-high .396 slugging percentage. He’s batting .275 with an on-base percentage of .331.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he is 35th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 102nd in slugging percentage.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .326 with 18 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 27 walks. He’s slugging .547 with an on-base percentage of .378.
- Jeimer Candelario leads the Cubs with 107 hits.
- Ian Happ has a .375 on-base percentage to lead his team.
Mets vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Kodai Senga (NYM)||Pitcher||Drew Smyly (CHC)|
|7 – 6||W/L||8 – 7|
Mets vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Mets: Luis Guillorme: 10 Day IL (Leg), Elieser Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Pectoral), Tim Locastro: 60 Day IL (Back), Edwin Uceta: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 15 Day IL (Hip), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)