Table of Contents
Framber Valdez aims for his 10th victory of the campaign when the Houston Astros (64-49) visit the Baltimore Orioles (70-42). The Astros are favored in the matchup (-125) against the Orioles (+105), and first pitch is at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday. Houston’s Valdez and Baltimore’s Grayson Rodriguez will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 8, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: TBS
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are ninth-best in MLB action with 146 total home runs.
- Houston is 18th in MLB with a .248 batting average.
- The Astros rank 15th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .320.
- Houston strikes out 7.9 times per game to rank sixth in the majors.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per game when playing on the road this season (82 total in road contests).
- Houston has a .427 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .252 with 502 hits (8.8 per game) on the road this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston with 119 hits and an OBP of .375, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .505. He’s batting .295.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, he is 10th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 16th in slugging.
- Alex Bregman has 14 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 62 walks. He’s batting .244 and slugging .412 with an on-base percentage of .343.
- His batting average ranks 104th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 49th, and his slugging percentage 94th.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .286 with a .605 slugging percentage and 62 RBI this year.
- Jeremy Pena has been key for Houston with 96 hits, an OBP of .305 plus a slugging percentage of .373.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles’ 129 home runs rank 16th in Major League Baseball.
- Baltimore ranks 13th in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Orioles have an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- Baltimore ranks 13th with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 56 home contests this season.
- Baltimore has a team slugging percentage of .422 in home games this season with 174 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .255 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman has a .371 on-base percentage and a .422 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Orioles. He’s batting .272.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 46th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 17th and he is 87th in slugging.
- Anthony Santander is batting .254 with 29 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 43 walks. He’s slugging .476 with an on-base percentage of .328.
- He is currently 80th in batting average, 78th in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Gunnar Henderson leads the Orioles with 86 hits.
- Adam Frazier is batting .243 with 15 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 25 walks.
Astros vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Grayson Rodriguez (BAL)|
|9 – 7||W/L||2 – 3|
Astros vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Astros: Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Michael Brantley: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Orioles: Aaron Hicks: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Cedric Mullins: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Keegan Akin: 15 Day IL (Back), Austin Voth: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Mychal Givens: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow)