Table of Contents
Booksmakers give the Los Angeles Dodgers (66-46) the edge (-131 on the moneyline) to prolong their three-game winning streak when they meet the Arizona Diamondbacks (57-57), at +111, on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. Los Angeles has Bobby Miller starting things off, and Arizona will send out Merrill Kelly.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 9, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: ARID
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers average 1.6 home runs per game to rank second in MLB action with 181 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .251 batting average ranks 14th in the majors.
- The Dodgers rank third in baseball with a .339 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles’ 8.6 strikeouts per game rank 14th in MLB.
- The Dodgers average 1.6 homers per road game this season (90 total on the road).
- Los Angeles has a .450 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .249 on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles in OBP (.421), slugging percentage (.599) and total hits (155) this season. He has a .345 batting average.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks second in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is third in slugging.
- Freeman will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Mookie Betts is batting .286 with 30 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 67 walks, while slugging .583 with an on-base percentage of .386.
- Among all qualified hitters, he is 17th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Betts enters this game looking to extend his 15-game hit streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .385 with four doubles, four home runs, six walks and nine RBI.
- Will Smith has 88 hits this season and has a slash line of .278/.383/.470.
- Smith heads into this game with six games in a row with at least one hit. During his last 10 games he is hitting .216 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Max Muncy has been key for Los Angeles with 61 hits, an OBP of .330 plus a slugging percentage of .475.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks’ 126 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .254 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- Arizona is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking third with an average of 7.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 57 games at home this season, they’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 1.0 per contest.
- Arizona is slugging .427 in 57 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.7 base hits per game and batting .262 as a team at home this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has totaled 109 hits, a team-high for the Diamondbacks. He’s batting .279 and slugging .522 with an on-base percentage of .359.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average places him 31st, his on-base percentage is 30th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Ketel Marte paces his team with a .495 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .284 with an on-base percentage of .359.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 18th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage.
- Christian Walker is hitting .265 with 32 doubles, 23 home runs and 45 walks.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .255 with 25 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 22 walks.
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Bobby Miller (LAD)||Pitcher||Merrill Kelly (ARI)|
|6 – 2||W/L||9 – 5|
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jake Marisnick: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Clayton Kershaw: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Lat), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Shelby Miller: 60 Day IL (Neck), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), J.D. Martínez: day-to-day (Groin/hamstring)
- Diamondbacks: Gabriel Moreno: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Evan Longoria: 10 Day IL (Back), Tommy Henry: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Zach Davies: 15 Day IL (Back), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)