Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (57-58) and the San Francisco Giants (62-52) square off on Wednesday at 9:38 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Angels are favored (-137) to take the contest against the Giants (+116). Los Angeles has Shohei Ohtani set to start, while San Francisco will send out Ryan Walker.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Giants
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 9, 2023
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Giants?
- TV Channel: BSW
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels are third in MLB play with 173 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Los Angeles has the 11th-ranked batting average in the majors (.255).
- The Angels rank seventh in MLB with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Los Angeles strikes out 9.3 times per game, the fifth-worst mark in baseball.
- The Angels have hit 94 homers at home this season (1.6 per game).
- Los Angeles is slugging .446 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages eight hits per game and is batting .242.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani leads Los Angeles with 130 hits and an OBP of .409, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .669. He’s batting .307.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, he is sixth in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Ohtani hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe has 28 doubles, 17 home runs and 32 walks. He’s batting .251 and slugging .448 with an on-base percentage of .309.
- Among all qualifying players, he ranks 91st in batting average, 111th in on-base percentage and 61st in slugging percentage.
- Renfroe heads into this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with three doubles and two RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 72 hits this season and has a slash line of .238/.323/.403.
- Rengifo brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Brandon Drury is batting .277 with a .320 OBP and 47 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants have hit 127 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- San Francisco ranks 19th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Giants have the 18th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- San Francisco is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 57 road contests this season.
- San Francisco has a team slugging percentage of .397 in away games this season with 173 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .238 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- LaMonte Wade Jr has an on-base percentage of .396, a team-best for the Giants. He’s batting .269 and slugging .426.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average places him 47th, his on-base percentage ranks seventh, and he is 86th in slugging.
- Wilmer Flores is batting .310 with 18 doubles, 15 home runs and 23 walks. He’s slugging .552 with an on-base percentage of .367.
- Michael Conforto is batting .235 with 10 doubles, 13 home runs and 41 walks.
- J.D. Davis has racked up 91 hits while slugging .430. Both are team-highs.
Angels vs. Giants Probable Pitchers
|Shohei Ohtani (LAA)||Pitcher||Ryan Walker (SF)|
|9 – 5||W/L||4 – 1|
Angels vs. Giants Injury Updates
- Angels: Zach Neto: 10 Day IL (Back), Mike Trout: 10 Day IL (Hand), Anthony Rendon: 10 Day IL (Shin), Chris Devenski: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Griffin Canning: 15 Day IL (Calf), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Stassi: 60 Day IL (Hip ), Taylor Ward: 60 Day IL (Face), Gio Urshela: 60 Day IL (Pelvis), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jo Adell: 60 Day IL (Oblique), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ben Joyce: 60 Day IL (Arm), Austin Warren: 60 Day IL (Elbow), José Suarez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Bachman: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Giants: Mike Yastrzemski: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Anthony DeSclafani: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Brebbia: 60 Day IL (Lat), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mitch Haniger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm)