Table of Contents
Spencer Torkelson leads the Detroit Tigers (51-63) into a contest against the Minnesota Twins (60-56) after he homered twice in a 9-5 win over the Twins. The Twins are favored (-154) against the Tigers (+130) in this outing, which begins at 1:10 PM ET on Thursday. Minnesota has Kenta Maeda starting things off, and Detroit will send out Reese Olson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Thursday, August 10, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank eighth in MLB action with 157 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Minnesota ranks 22nd in the majors with a .237 batting average.
- The Twins’ .315 on-base percentage ranks 20th in MLB.
- Minnesota strikes out 10.3 times per game, the worst average in baseball.
- The Twins have hit 74 home runs away from home this season (1.3 per game).
- Minnesota is slugging .387 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .227 on the road this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa has 92 hits and an OBP of .300 to go with a slugging percentage of .400. All three of those stats are tops among Minnesota hitters this season. He has a .227 batting average, as well.
- Among qualified hitters, he is 126th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 126th, and he is 104th in slugging.
- Correa has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .368 with a double, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Max Kepler is hitting .237 with 11 doubles, 18 home runs and 23 walks. He’s slugging .460 with an on-base percentage of .299.
- Kepler brings a five-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with three home runs and five RBI.
- Willi Castro has collected 67 base hits, an OBP of .329 and a slugging percentage of .380 this season.
- Castro brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .281 with four doubles, a triple, two walks and three RBI.
- Donovan Solano is batting .278 with a .377 OBP and 25 RBI for Minnesota this season.
- Solano heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .462 with a double and a walk.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 106 home runs as a team.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .235 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .300.
- Detroit ranks 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 58 home contests this season.
- Detroit is slugging .380 in 58 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .247 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Torkelson has put up a slugging percentage of .406 and has 96 hits, both team-high numbers for the Tigers. He’s batting .225 and with an on-base percentage of .304.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he is 130th in batting average, 122nd in on-base percentage and 101st in slugging percentage.
- Javier Baez is batting .222 with 12 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 18 walks. He’s slugging .322 with an on-base percentage of .261.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 133rd in batting average, 143rd in on-base percentage and 140th in slugging percentage.
- Matt Vierling has 12 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 25 walks while hitting .275.
- Zach McKinstry has a .307 OBP to pace his team.
Twins vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Kenta Maeda (MIN)||Pitcher||Reese Olson (DET)|
|3 – 6||W/L||1 – 5|
Twins vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Twins: Jose Miranda: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Royce Lewis: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Joe Ryan: 15 Day IL (Groin), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dónovan Solano: day-to-day (Knee)
- Tigers: Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Will Vest: 15 Day IL (Leg), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)