Table of Contents
Spencer Torkelson leads the Detroit Tigers (53-64) into a matchup against the Boston Red Sox (61-56) following his four-hit performance in a 6-2 win over the Red Sox. The Red Sox are moneyline favorites (-133) in this game against the underdog Tigers (+112), which starts at 12:05 PM ET on Sunday. Kutter Crawford starts for Boston while Detroit will counter with Eduardo Rodriguez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Sunday, August 13, 2023
- Game Time: 12:05 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: Peacock
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 18th in MLB play with 130 total home runs.
- Boston’s .261 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The Red Sox’s .328 on-base percentage is seventh-best in baseball.
- Boston strikes out 8.1 times per game, the eighth-fewest average in MLB.
- The Red Sox average 1.1 homers per home game this season (67 total at home).
- Boston has a .460 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 9.7 hits per game and is batting .284 at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Justin Turner is hitting .286 with 25 doubles, 18 home runs and 39 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .354 and a slugging percentage of .481.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 17th, his on-base percentage ranks 32nd, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in total hits (111) this season while batting .263 with 52 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .509 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Among all qualified, he is 62nd in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage and 19th in slugging percentage.
- Masataka Yoshida is slashing .300/.358/.470 this season and leads the Red Sox with an OPS of .828.
- Alex Verdugo has eight home runs, 44 RBI and a batting average of .269 this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 112 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- Detroit ranks 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .234.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .299.
- Detroit ranks 19th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 60 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 58 road contests this season.
- Detroit is slugging .366 in 58 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .222 on the road this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Torkelson has an on-base percentage of .309, a slugging percentage of .415, and has 100 hits, all club-bests for the Tigers (while batting .229).
- He ranks 125th in batting average, 114th in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Riley Greene is batting .304 with 17 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 30 walks. He’s slugging .474 with an on-base percentage of .367.
- Kerry Carpenter is hitting .281 with 10 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 19 walks.
- Javier Baez has 12 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 18 walks while hitting .221.
Red Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Kutter Crawford (BOS)||Pitcher||Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)|
|5 – 6||W/L||8 – 5|
Red Sox vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tanner Houck: 15 Day IL (Face), Corey Kluber: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Tigers: Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Javier Báez: day-to-day (Knee)