Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (57-62) visit the Cincinnati Reds (62-58) on Tuesday at Great American Ball Park, starting at 6:40 PM ET. The Guardians are favored on the moneyline (-120), while the Reds are +100 underdogs. The Reds are the spread favorite () with odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Cleveland’s Logan Allen starts against Cincinnati’s Graham Ashcraft.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 87 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB action.
- Cleveland is 17th in MLB with a .250 batting average.
- The Guardians’ .312 on-base percentage is 23rd in baseball.
- Cleveland’s batters strike out 7.0 times per game, the lowest average in baseball.
- The Guardians average 0.8 home runs per road game this season (49 total away from home).
- Cleveland has a .382 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .253 away from home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with an OBP of .355 this season while batting .280 with 53 walks and 68 runs scored. He has a slugging percentage of .483.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 29th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and 30th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has an OPS of .723, fueled by an OBP of .342 and a team-best slugging percentage of .382 this season. He’s batting .272.
- His batting average is 42nd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 48th, and his slugging percentage 119th.
- Kwan enters this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .304 with a double, two triples and two RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has 100 hits this season and has a slash line of .244/.316/.395.
- Gimenez has recorded a hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .476 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Will Brennan is batting .254 with a .288 OBP and 31 RBI for Cleveland this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 14th in Major League Baseball with 139 home runs.
- Cincinnati ranks 14th in MLB with a .251 team batting average.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .328 this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- Cincinnati is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 26th with an average of 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- In 60 games at home this season, they’ve hit 80 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- Cincinnati is slugging .422 in 60 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .244 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer has a team-high OBP (.352) and slugging percentage (.471), while leading the Reds in hits (116, while batting .272).
- He is 42nd in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- TJ Friedl has 18 doubles, four triples, 10 home runs and 30 walks while hitting .275. He’s slugging .438 with an on-base percentage of .343.
- Including all qualified players, he is 34th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage.
- Matt McLain is batting .297 with 22 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
- Tyler Stephenson is batting .243 with 14 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 42 walks.
Guardians vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Logan Allen (CLE)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|5 – 5||W/L||6 – 7|
Guardians vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Guardians: Tyler Freeman: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), David Fry: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Josh Naylor: 10 Day IL (Side), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Reds: Jonathan India: 10 Day IL (Heel), Jake Fraley: 10 Day IL (Toe), Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Ben Lively: 15 Day IL (Pectoral), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Hunter Greene: 60 Day IL (Hip), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)