Table of Contents
Mookie Betts leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (76-47) into a contest with the Cleveland Guardians (59-66) a game after he homered twice in a 3-1 win over the Marlins. The Dodgers are favored on the moneyline (-198) against the Guardians (+164) in this outing, which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday. Los Angeles’ Bobby Miller gets the start against Cleveland’s Noah Syndergaard.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are second-best in MLB action with 194 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .252 batting average ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Dodgers are third in MLB with a .337 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 13th in the majors.
- The Dodgers have hit 90 homers away from home this season (1.5 per game).
- Los Angeles is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .447 away from home.
- The club averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .249 on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Betts leads Los Angeles with 136 hits, batting .298 this season with 67 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .394 and a slugging percentage of .595.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks ninth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Betts has picked up at least one hit in nine games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .432 with two doubles, three home runs, three walks and nine RBI.
- Freddie Freeman leads the Dodgers with an OPS of .995. He has a slash line of .337/.414/.581 this season.
- He is second in batting average, second in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Freeman has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with three doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Will Smith has collected 97 base hits, an OBP of .372 and a slugging percentage of .458 this season.
- Max Muncy has 29 home runs, 77 RBI and a batting average of .193 this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 89 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Cleveland has the fewest strikeouts in MLB, fanning only 7.0 times per game on average.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 63 home contests this season.
- Cleveland is slugging .372 in 63 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.0 base hits per game and batting .243 as a team at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez a has .351 on-base percentage to pace the Guardians. He’s batting .279 while slugging .475.
- He ranks 25th in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Steven Kwan leads his team with a .383 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .271 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- He is 45th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage and 115th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .240 with 21 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 28 walks.
- Will Brennan has 20 doubles, five home runs and 11 walks while batting .251.
Dodgers vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Bobby Miller (LAD)||Pitcher||Noah Syndergaard (CLE)|
|7 – 2||W/L||2 – 6|
Dodgers vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Tony Gonsolin: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Yency Almonte: 15 Day IL (Knee), Joe Kelly: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Lat), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shelby Miller: 60 Day IL (Neck), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Jake Marisnick: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Jason Heyward: day-to-day (Hip)
- Guardians: Michael Kelly: 10 Day IL (Back), David Fry: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Josh Naylor: 10 Day IL (Side), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cam Gallagher: 7 Day IL (Concussion)