Table of Contents
Harold Ramirez leads the Tampa Bay Rays (75-51) into a contest with the Colorado Rockies (48-76) after his four-hit showing in an 18-4 win over the Angels. The Rays are favored (-269) for this game against the underdog Rockies (+219), which begins at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday. Tampa Bay’s Zack Littell starts against Colorado’s Ty Blach.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 22, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: BSSUN
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays are fourth in MLB play with 183 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Tampa Bay has the sixth-best batting average in the majors (.259).
- The Rays rank fifth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .331.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 8.7 times per game to rank 18th in the majors.
- The Rays average 1.4 homers per home game this season (85 total at home).
- Tampa Bay is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .444 at home.
- The club is batting .254 with 510 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in OBP (.402), slugging percentage (.502) and total hits (135) this season. He has a .325 batting average.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, he is fourth in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and 21st in slugging.
- Diaz will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .348 with two walks.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .259 with 13 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 61 walks. He’s slugging .428 with an on-base percentage of .364.
- He ranks 69th in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage and 82nd in slugging in MLB.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .252 with a .496 slugging percentage and 76 RBI this year.
- Josh Lowe has 16 home runs, 66 RBI and a batting average of .279 this season.
- Lowe brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .381 with a double, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 126 home runs.
- Colorado ranks 15th in MLB with a .250 team batting average.
- The Rockies have an OBP of .311 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Colorado is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 27th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 59 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 63 road contests this season.
- In 63 road games this season, it is slugging .364 with 163 hits going for extra bases.
- In 63 road games this season, they have a batting average of .230 while averaging 7.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- Ryan McMahon has an on-base percentage of .336 and has 111 hits, both team-best marks for the Rockies. He’s batting .252 and slugging .465.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he ranks 87th in batting average, 56th in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging percentage.
- McMahon hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Ezequiel Tovar paces his team with a .433 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .261 with an on-base percentage of .300.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 64th in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage and 75th in slugging percentage.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .240 with 25 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 43 walks.
- Elias Diaz is batting .263 with 19 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 29 walks.
Rays vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Zack Littell (TB)||Pitcher||Ty Blach (COL)|
|2 – 4||W/L||1 – 1|
Rays vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Rays: Taylor Walls: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Manuel Margot: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Francisco Mejía: 10 Day IL (Knee), Kevin Kelly: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Shane McClanahan: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Rockies: Kris Bryant: 10 Day IL (Finger), Matt Carasiti: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Chase Anderson: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyler Kinley: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Feltner: 60 Day IL (Skull), German Márquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Antonio Senzatela: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow)