Table of Contents
Adam Duvall brings a two-game home run streak into the Boston Red Sox’s (66-60) matchup with the Houston Astros (72-55). The Astros are favored (-119) over the Red Sox (-100), and it starts at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday at Minute Maid Park. Jose Urquidy starts for Houston, and Chris Sale is Boston’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 23, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank ninth-best in MLB action with 166 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 12th in MLB with a .253 batting average.
- The Astros rank 11th in MLB with a .325 on-base percentage.
- Houston strikes out 7.9 times per game to rank fourth in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.2 homers per home game this season (74 total at home).
- Houston is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .413 in home contests.
- The team is batting .253 with 534 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in OBP (.376), slugging percentage (.527) and total hits (133) this season. He has a .296 batting average.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 12th in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage, and 12th in slugging.
- Tucker has recorded at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with three home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .256 with 19 doubles, three triples, 20 home runs and 72 walks. He’s slugging .432 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- His batting average is 80th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 24th, and his slugging percentage 78th.
- Bregman brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has collected 79 base hits, an OBP of .380 and a slugging percentage of .549 this season.
- Alvarez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a triple, two walks and four RBI.
- Chas McCormick is batting .282 with a .369 OBP and 55 RBI for Houston this season.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 16th in Major League Baseball with 145 home runs.
- Boston’s .262 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- The Red Sox have an on-base percentage of .328 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- Boston ranks ninth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 76 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 63 road contests this season.
- Boston has a team slugging percentage of .405 in away games this season with 202 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .240 on the road this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 123 hits. He’s batting .271 and slugging .524 with an on-base percentage of .344.
- He ranks 45th in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 13th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the majors.
- Devers heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .385 with two doubles, three home runs, seven walks and six RBI.
- Justin Turner has a .357 OBP to pace his team. He has a batting average of .290 while slugging .487.
- His batting average ranks 15th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 24th, and he is 29th in slugging.
- Masataka Yoshida has accumulated a team-high .459 slugging percentage.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .273 with 32 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 41 walks.
Astros vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Jose Urquidy (HOU)||Pitcher||Chris Sale (BOS)|
|2 – 3||W/L||5 – 3|
Astros vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Astros: José Abreu: 10 Day IL (Back), Grae Kessinger: 10 Day IL (Health and safety protocols), Phil Maton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Michael Brantley: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Yordan Alvarez: day-to-day (Finger)
- Red Sox: Jarren Duran: 10 Day IL (Toe), Corey Kluber: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)