Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (60-66) are looking for continued power from a hitter when they match up against the Los Angeles Dodgers (76-48) on Thursday at 12:10 PM ET at Progressive Field. Kole Calhoun is currently on a two-game home run streak for the underdog Guardians (+105) going into this matchup with the favored Dodgers (-125). Los Angeles has Clayton Kershaw starting things off, while Cleveland counters with Xzavion Curry.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Thursday, August 24, 2023
- Game Time: 12:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers average 1.6 home runs per game to rank second in baseball with 195 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks 14th in MLB with a .251 batting average.
- The Dodgers’ .337 on-base percentage is third-best in MLB.
- Los Angeles’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 11th in baseball.
- The Dodgers have hit 91 homers away from home this season (1.5 per game).
- Los Angeles has a .445 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .248 on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Mookie Betts has 138 hits, which is best among Los Angeles hitters this season, while batting .300 with 68 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .397 and a slugging percentage of .598.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, he ranks ninth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Betts will look for his 11th straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .500 with three doubles, three home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Freddie Freeman leads the Dodgers with an OPS of .992. He has a slash line of .336/.413/.578 this season.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him second, his on-base percentage second, and his slugging percentage fourth.
- Freeman brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .188 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .274 with a .464 slugging percentage and 63 RBI this year.
- Max Muncy has been key for Los Angeles with 68 hits, an OBP of .329 plus a slugging percentage of .466.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank last in Major League Baseball with just 91 home runs as a team.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .249 this season, which ranks 17th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .311 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- Cleveland is the best at avoiding strikeouts in MLB this season with only 876 as a team.
- In 64 games at home this season, they’ve hit 41 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- Cleveland has a team slugging percentage of .375 in home games this season with 179 extra-base hits.
- In 64 home games this season, they have a batting average of .245 while averaging 8.0 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez a has .350 on-base percentage to pace the Guardians. He’s batting .278 while slugging .472.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 28th, his on-base percentage is 35th, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan paces his team with a .382 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .271 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- He is 47th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 117th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .242 with 21 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 28 walks.
- Will Brennan is batting .257 with 20 doubles, five home runs and 11 walks.
Dodgers vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Clayton Kershaw (LAD)||Pitcher||Xzavion Curry (CLE)|
|11 – 4||W/L||3 – 1|
Dodgers vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Dodgers: J.D. Martínez: 10 Day IL (Groin), Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Lat), Tony Gonsolin: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Yency Almonte: 15 Day IL (Knee), Joe Kelly: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Shelby Miller: 60 Day IL (Neck), Jake Marisnick: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Guardians: Michael Kelly: 10 Day IL (Back), David Fry: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Josh Naylor: 10 Day IL (Side), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cam Gallagher: 7 Day IL (Concussion)