Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (71-56) host the Kansas City Royals (41-88) on Friday at 10:10 PM ET. The Mariners are moneyline favorites (-195) against the underdog Royals (+163). Seattle has Bryce Miller set to start, and Kansas City will counter with Brady Singer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Royals
- Game Day: Friday, August 25, 2023
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: Apple TV+
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners rank 12th in baseball with 160 total home runs.
- Seattle has the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.242).
- The Mariners are 15th in MLB with a .322 on-base percentage.
- Seattle’s 9.9 strikeouts per game are the second-most in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.1 homers per home game this season (69 total at home).
- Seattle is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .395 at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .233.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in slugging percentage (.461) thanks to 52 extra-base hits. He has a .277 batting average and an on-base percentage of .337.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 32nd in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage, and 47th in slugging.
- Rodriguez has recorded at least one hit in nine straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .451 with five doubles, two home runs, two walks and 14 RBI.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle in OBP (.378) this season, fueled by 103 hits. He’s batting .260 while slugging .402.
- He ranks 68th in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and 104th in slugging in the majors.
- Ty France has collected 120 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .382 this season.
- Cal Raleigh leads Seattle in total hits (87) this season while batting .224 with 44 extra-base hits.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 124 home runs as a team.
- Kansas City’s .243 batting average ranks 19th in the majors this season.
- The Royals are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .300.
- Kansas City ranks 15th with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.0 home runs per game in their 66 road contests this season.
- In 66 road games this season, it is slugging .377 with 186 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .229 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has a team-best OBP (.320) and slugging percentage (.506), and paces the Royals in hits (144, while batting .280).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 22nd in batting average, 94th in on-base percentage and 18th in slugging percentage.
- Salvador Perez is hitting .253 with 19 doubles, 19 home runs and 18 walks. He’s slugging .426 with an on-base percentage of .297.
- His batting average is 85th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 130th, and he is 83rd in slugging.
- Maikel Garcia has 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 26 walks while batting .283.
- MJ Melendez has 26 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 43 walks while batting .234.
Mariners vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Bryce Miller (SEA)||Pitcher||Brady Singer (KC)|
|8 – 4||W/L||8 – 9|
Mariners vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Mariners: Tom Murphy: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Jarred Kelenic: 10 Day IL (Foot), Marco Gonzales: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Penn Murfee: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Robbie Ray: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Emerson Hancock: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Easton McGee: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor)
- Royals: Nick Pratto: 10 Day IL (Groin), Daniel Lynch: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Brad Keller: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Josh Staumont: 60 Day IL (Neck), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow)