Table of Contents
The Arizona Diamondbacks (68-62) host the Cincinnati Reds (68-63) on Sunday at Chase Field, beginning at 4:10 PM ET. The Diamondbacks are favored on the moneyline (-117), while the Reds are -102 underdogs. The Reds are spread favorites (1.5) with +155 odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Slade Cecconi gets the starting nod for Arizona, and Graham Ashcraft is Cincinnati’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. Reds
- Game Day: Sunday, August 27, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Diamondbacks vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: ARID
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks rank 20th in MLB action with 142 total home runs.
- Arizona’s .254 batting average is 10th-best in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks’ .324 on-base percentage ranks 13th in baseball.
- Arizona strikes out 7.8 times per game, the third-best average in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks have hit 66 home runs at home this season (one per game).
- Arizona has a .425 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .260 at home this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll leads Arizona in OBP (.363) this season, fueled by 125 hits. He has a .281 batting average and a slugging percentage of .517.
- Among all qualified batters in baseball, he is 20th in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage, and 12th in slugging.
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in slugging percentage (.527) and total hits (128) this season. He’s batting .272 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- He is 43rd in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging in the majors.
- Walker enters this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with a triple, a walk and two RBI.
- Ketel Marte has an OPS of .833, fueled by an OBP of .355 and a team-best slugging percentage of .479 this season.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .255 with a .303 OBP and 66 RBI for Arizona this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 16th in Major League Baseball with 153 home runs.
- Cincinnati ranks 15th in MLB with a .249 team batting average.
- The Reds are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .327.
- Cincinnati ranks 27th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 66 road contests this season.
- Cincinnati is slugging .415 in 66 road games this season.
- They are averaging nine base hits per game and batting .256 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer has put up an on-base percentage of .357, a slugging percentage of .460, and has 127 hits, all club-bests for the Reds (while batting .272).
- Including all qualifying players, he is 43rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 26th and he is 48th in slugging.
- TJ Friedl is batting .274 with 19 doubles, five triples, 11 home runs and 31 walks. He’s slugging .432 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Including all qualified players, his batting average places him 39th, his on-base percentage ranks 53rd, and he is 74th in slugging.
- Matt McLain is hitting .294 with 23 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 31 walks.
- Tyler Stephenson has 15 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 43 walks while hitting .249.
Diamondbacks vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Slade Cecconi (ARI)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|0 – 0||W/L||7 – 8|
Diamondbacks vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Diamondbacks: Tommy Henry: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat), Merrill Kelly: day-to-day (Hamstring)
- Reds: Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Joey Votto: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Kevin Newman: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Jake Fraley: 10 Day IL (Toe), Jonathan India: 10 Day IL (Heel), Alex Young: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Stuart Fairchild: 7 Day IL (Concussion)