Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (59-72) bring a three-game losing streak into a home matchup against the New York Yankees (63-68) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Tigers are favored (-124) to end their streak against the underdog Yankees (+105). Tarik Skubal takes the mound first for Detroit, and Michael King is New York’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Yankees
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the Yankees?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers are 23rd in baseball with 134 total home runs.
- Detroit’s .234 batting average ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Tigers rank 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .300.
- Detroit strikes out 9.0 times per game, the No. 23 average in MLB.
- The Tigers have hit 61 home runs at home this season (0.9 per game).
- Detroit is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .382 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .244.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has 113 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .436, both of which lead Detroit hitters this season. He has a .233 batting average and an on-base percentage of .316.
- He is 123rd in batting average, 101st in on-base percentage, and 70th in slugging among qualified hitters in baseball.
- Torkelson has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .111 with two walks.
- Kerry Carpenter is batting .290 with 12 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 24 walks. He’s slugging .539 with an on-base percentage of .354.
- Zach McKinstry has collected 92 base hits, an OBP of .312 and a slugging percentage of .371 this season.
- McKinstry heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .357 with two triples, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Riley Greene has been key for Detroit with 105 hits, an OBP of .350 plus a slugging percentage of .455.
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees’ 183 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- New York has a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Yankees are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .303.
- New York ranks 14th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 62 road contests this season.
- New York is slugging .382 in 62 road games this season.
- In 62 road games this season, they have a batting average of .230 while averaging 7.8 base hits per contest.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres has put up a team-high OBP (.334) and slugging percentage (.446), while leading the Yankees in hits (132, while batting .268).
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 48th, his on-base percentage ranks 59th, and he is 63rd in slugging.
- Aaron Judge is batting .267 with 11 doubles, 29 home runs and 60 walks. He’s slugging .630 with an on-base percentage of .396.
- Anthony Volpe has 15 doubles, four triples, 18 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .216.
- DJ LeMahieu is hitting .245 with 18 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 44 walks.
Tigers vs. Yankees Probable Pitchers
|Tarik Skubal (DET)||Pitcher||Michael King (NYY)|
|3 – 2||W/L||3 – 5|
Tigers vs. Yankees Injury Updates
- Tigers: Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Manning: day-to-day (Undisclosed)
- Yankees: Anthony Rizzo: 10 Day IL (Concussion), Billy McKinney: 10 Day IL (Back), Nestor Cortes Jr.: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Weber: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Josh Donaldson: 60 Day IL (Calf), Jose Trevino: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow)