Table of Contents
The Michigan Wolverines will host the East Carolina Pirates on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET.
The Pirates are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +36) versus the Wolverines (with an over/under of 51.5 points).
Game Info for Michigan vs. East Carolina
- Game Day: Saturday, September 2, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Peacock
- Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Stadium: Michigan Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Michigan Pick Insights
- Michigan went 8-6-0 ATS last season.
- Michigan covered the spread once when favored by 36 points or more last season (in two opportunities).
- A total of five Michigan games last season went over the point total.
Michigan Stats & Insights
- Last year, Michigan put up 13.2 more points per game (40.4) than East Carolina gave up (27.2).
- Michigan was 6-4 against the spread and 10-0 overall in games when it recorded over 27.2 points last season.
- Michigan collected 53.5 more yards per game (458.8) than East Carolina allowed per contest (405.3) last year.
- When Michigan churned out over 405.3 yards last season, the team was 6-4 against the spread and 10-0 overall.
- Last year Michigan piled up 238.9 rushing yards per game, 126.4 more than East Carolina allowed per outing (112.5).
- When Michigan ran for over 112.5 yards last year, it compiled a 7-5 ATS record and a 12-0 overall record.
- Michigan turned the ball over nine times last year, eight fewer than East Carolina forced turnovers (17).
Michigan’s Best Players
- Last year J.J. McCarthy produced 2,719 passing yards (194.2 per game), a 64.6% completion percentage, 22 touchdowns, and five interceptions. He also added 306 rushing yards on 70 carries with five rushing TDs (averaging 21.9 rushing yards per game).
- Last year Blake Corum took 247 carries for 1,463 yards (104.5 per game) and scored 18 touchdowns.
- Donovan Edwards put up 991 rushing yards on 140 carries and seven touchdowns last season.
- Ronnie Bell reeled in 62 catches for 889 yards (63.5 per game) while being targeted 100 times. He also scored four touchdowns.
- Cornelius Johnson produced last season, grabbing 32 passes for 499 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 35.6 receiving yards per game.
- Luke Schoonmaker hauled in 35 passes on 48 targets for 418 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 29.9 receiving yards per game.
- Mike Morris’ hard work last season put up a stat line of seven sacks, nine TFL and 22 tackles.
- Junior Colson was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 94 tackles, four TFL, and two sacks last year.
- Rod Moore collected four interceptions while adding 62 tackles, one TFL, 0.5 sacks, and four passes defended last year.
East Carolina Betting Insights
- East Carolina won eight games against the spread last year, failing to cover five times.
- A total of seven of East Carolina games last season hit the over.
East Carolina Pick Insights
- East Carolina put up 16.4 more points per game (32.5) than Michigan surrendered (16.1) last year.
- East Carolina was 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall in games when it scored more than 16.1 points last year.
- East Carolina averaged 169 more yards per game (461.1) than Michigan gave up per contest (292.1) last year.
- East Carolina was 7-5 against the spread and 7-5 overall when the team picked up over 292.1 yards last season.
- Last year East Carolina rushed for 72.7 more yards per game (170.6) than Michigan allowed per contest (97.9).
- Last season East Carolina had a 7-5 ATS record and a 7-5 overall record in games the team rushed for over 97.9 yards.
- East Carolina had seven giveaways last year, while Michigan had 18 takeaways.
East Carolina’s Best Players
- Holton Ahlers connected on 67.2% of his passes to throw for 3,708 yards and 28 touchdowns last season. Ahlers also helped on the ground, tallying six touchdowns on 14 yards per game.
- Keaton Mitchell averaged 111.7 rushing yards per game and tallied 14 rushing touchdowns. Mitchell added 2.1 receptions per game to average 19.4 receiving yards.
- Marlon Gunn Jr. rushed for 344 yards last season.
- Isaiah Winstead averaged 83.5 receiving yards and grabbed six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2022 season.
- C.J. Johnson caught 67 passes last season on his way to 1,016 yards and 10 receiving touchdowns.
- Ryan Jones caught 41 passes on his way to 413 receiving yards and four touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year Jeremy Lewis put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 4.5 sacks, and added seven TFL and 45 tackles.
- Julius Wood was a playmaker on defense last season with 75 tackles and two interceptions.
- A year ago Jireh Wilson collected 37 tackles, four TFL, and three passes defended as well as three interceptions.