Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (75-56) square off against the Oakland Athletics (38-94) after Julio Rodriguez had a four-hit showing in a 7-0 win over the Athletics. The Mariners are favored (-307) in this matchup with the Athletics (+247), which starts at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday. Seattle has George Kirby starting things off, while Oakland counters with Ken Waldichuk.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners average 1.3 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB action with 172 total home runs.
- Seattle has the 19th-ranked batting average in MLB (.245).
- The Mariners rank 11th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Seattle’s hitters strike out 9.9 times per game, the 29th-most in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.2 homers per game when playing at home this season (81 total in home outings).
- Seattle is slugging .413 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .241 with 520 hits (7.9 per game) at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Rodriguez leads Seattle with 153 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .482. He’s batting .286 with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 15th, his on-base percentage ranks 37th, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Rodriguez hopes to build on a 13-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .596 with four doubles, five home runs, three walks and 16 RBI.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle with an OBP of .384 this season while batting .268 with 76 walks and 76 runs scored. He’s slugging .421.
- Among qualifying hitters, he ranks 48th in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and 85th in slugging percentage.
- Ty France has collected 124 base hits, an OBP of .341 and a slugging percentage of .380 this season.
- France brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a walk.
- Cal Raleigh has been key for Seattle with 92 hits, an OBP of .307 plus a slugging percentage of .473.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit 134 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .222 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .300.
- Oakland ranks 24th with an average of 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 67 road contests this season.
- Oakland is slugging .380 in 67 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .231 on the road this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Brent Rooker has accumulated an on-base percentage of .326 and has 91 hits, both team-high figures for the Athletics. He’s batting .243 and slugging .464.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he ranks 108th in batting average, 81st in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage.
- Esteury Ruiz paces his team with a .319 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .243 with an on-base percentage of .301.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 108th in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage and 135th in slugging percentage.
- Tony Kemp has 13 doubles, three triples, four home runs and 37 walks while hitting .220.
- Ryan Noda is hitting .233 with 17 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 65 walks.
Mariners vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|George Kirby (SEA)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|10 – 8||W/L||2 – 7|
Mariners vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Mariners: Jarred Kelenic: 10 Day IL (Foot), Tom Murphy: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Marco Gonzales: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Penn Murfee: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Emerson Hancock: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Easton McGee: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Robbie Ray: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor)
- Athletics: JJ Bleday: 10 Day IL (Knee), Luis Medina: 15 Day IL (Finger), Austin Pruitt: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Angel Felipe: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Tarnok: 15 Day IL (Calf), James Kaprielian: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Zach Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Mason Miller: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Richard Lovelady: 60 Day IL (Arm), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Yacksel Ríos: 60 Day IL (Finger)