Table of Contents
Jose Altuve leads the Houston Astros (75-58) into a contest with the Boston Red Sox (69-63) a game after he hit for the cycle in a 13-5 win over the Red Sox. The Red Sox are favored on the moneyline (-120) against the Astros (+101) in this outing, which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday. Brayan Bello takes the mound first for Boston, and J.P. France is Houston’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Astros
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Astros?
- TV Channel: NESN
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 14th in MLB play with 158 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Boston has the third-best batting average in MLB (.265).
- The Red Sox are fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .332.
- Boston strikes out 8.1 times per game, the ninth-best average in MLB.
- The Red Sox average 1.2 homers per home game this season (78 total at home).
- Boston has a .467 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 9.8 hits per game and is batting .285.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 127 hits, which ranks first among Boston hitters this season, while batting .267 with 57 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .343 and a slugging percentage of .509.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 53rd, his on-base percentage ranks 40th, and he is 15th in slugging.
- Justin Turner leads Boston in OBP (.361) this season, fueled by 132 hits. He’s batting .290 while slugging .495.
- He is 13th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and 23rd in slugging in the majors.
- Turner takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Masataka Yoshida leads Boston in slugging percentage (.460) powered by 44 extra-base hits.
- Alex Verdugo has been key for Boston with 128 hits, an OBP of .341 plus a slugging percentage of .442.
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros have hit 175 homers this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- Houston has a team batting average of .257 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- The Astros have an on-base percentage of .330 this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- Houston ranks fifth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.8 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.5 home runs per game in their 67 road contests this season.
- In 67 road games this season, it is slugging .441 with 222 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .261 with 9.2 base hits per contest.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker has racked up an on-base percentage of .374, a slugging percentage of .521, and has 139 hits, all club-highs for the Astros (while batting .293).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 12th in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage and ninth in slugging percentage.
- Tucker brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .261 with 22 doubles, three triples, 21 home runs and 76 walks. He’s slugging .440 with an on-base percentage of .363.
- He is 68th in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage and 67th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Yordan Alvarez has 15 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 49 walks while hitting .285.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .262 with 25 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 36 walks.
Red Sox vs. Astros Probable Pitchers
|Brayan Bello (BOS)||Pitcher||J.P. France (HOU)|
|10 – 7||W/L||9 – 5|
Red Sox vs. Astros Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Jarren Duran: 10 Day IL (Toe), Pablo Reyes: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Brennan Bernardino: 15 Day IL (Covid-19), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Corey Kluber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Kenley Jansen: day-to-day (Hamstring)
- Astros: Grae Kessinger: 10 Day IL (Health and safety protocols), Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)