Table of Contents
Salvador Perez leads the Kansas City Royals (42-94) into a matchup against the Boston Red Sox (69-66) a game after he homered twice in a 13-2 win over the Red Sox. The Red Sox are favorites (-226) against the Royals (+186) in this outing, which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday. Tanner Houck starts for Boston, and Alec Marsh is Kansas City’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Royals
- Game Day: Saturday, September 2, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSKC
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 15th in baseball with 160 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Boston is third in MLB with a .264 batting average.
- The Red Sox rank fifth in baseball with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Boston’s batters strike out 8.1 times per game, the ninth-lowest average in MLB.
- The Red Sox have hit 81 homers on the road this season (1.2 per game).
- Boston has a .411 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .244.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Justin Turner is batting .285 with 27 doubles, 22 home runs and 44 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .354 while slugging .484.
- He ranks 17th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage, and 30th in slugging among all qualified batters in baseball.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in total hits (129) this season while batting .265 with 57 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .502 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- His batting average ranks 59th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 45th, and his slugging percentage 19th.
- Masataka Yoshida leads Boston in slugging percentage (.454) powered by 44 extra-base hits.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .275 with a .338 OBP and 53 RBI for Boston this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 26th in Major League Baseball with just 132 home runs as a team.
- Kansas City ranks 20th in MLB with a .242 team batting average.
- The Royals have an on-base percentage of .298 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Kansas City ranks 15th in strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 66 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 67 home contests this season.
- In 67 home games this season, it is slugging .410 with 194 hits going for extra bases.
- In 67 home games this season, they have a batting average of .256 while averaging 8.6 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has put up an on-base percentage of .319, a slugging percentage of .507, and has 151 hits, all club-bests for the Royals (while batting .279).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average is 26th, his on-base percentage is 99th, and he is 17th in slugging.
- Witt Jr. takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Perez is batting .250 with 19 doubles, 21 home runs and 18 walks. He’s slugging .427 with an on-base percentage of .293.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 96th in batting average, 132nd in on-base percentage and 86th in slugging percentage.
- Maikel Garcia is batting .279 with 17 doubles, three triples, four home runs and 29 walks.
- MJ Melendez has 27 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .231.
Red Sox vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Tanner Houck (BOS)||Pitcher||Alec Marsh (KC)|
|3 – 8||W/L||0 – 7|
Red Sox vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Jarren Duran: 10 Day IL (Toe), Pablo Reyes: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Brennan Bernardino: 15 Day IL (Covid-19), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Corey Kluber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Royals: Nick Pratto: 10 Day IL (Groin), Daniel Lynch: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), John McMillon: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brad Keller: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Josh Staumont: 60 Day IL (Neck), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow)