Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (72-64) and the Cincinnati Reds (71-67) square off on Sunday at 12:10 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-130) against the underdog Reds (+110). Chicago’s Jameson Taillon starts against Cincinnati’s Carson Spiers.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Sunday, September 3, 2023
- Game Time: 12:10 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 14th in MLB action with 163 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .252 batting average ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Cubs are eighth in baseball with a .328 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 8.8 times per game, the No. 19 average in baseball.
- The Cubs average 1.1 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (78 total in road contests).
- Chicago has a .403 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team is batting .244 with 572 hits (8.4 per game) on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Cody Bellinger leads Chicago in OBP (.365) and total hits (128) this season. He’s batting .319 batting average while slugging .546.
- He is sixth in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Bellinger has picked up at least one hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has an OPS of .735, fueled by an OBP of .341 and a team-best slugging percentage of .393 this season. He’s batting .281.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 22nd, his on-base percentage 43rd, and his slugging percentage 113th.
- Ian Happ has 118 hits this season and has a slash line of .244/.362/.420.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .259 with a .340 OBP and 66 RBI for Chicago this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 155 home runs.
- Cincinnati’s .247 batting average ranks 18th in the majors this season.
- The Reds have the 13th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.324).
- Cincinnati ranks 28th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- In 68 games at home this season, they’ve hit 86 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- Cincinnati has a team slugging percentage of .413 in home games this season with 196 extra-base hits.
- In 68 home games this season, they have a batting average of .242 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer has accumulated a team-high OBP (.356) and slugging percentage (.450), while pacing the Reds in hits (133, while batting .270).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, he is 49th in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage and 61st in slugging percentage.
- TJ Friedl has 20 doubles, five triples, 11 home runs and 34 walks while batting .267. He’s slugging .420 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 54th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and 92nd in slugging percentage.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .272 with 17 doubles, 15 home runs and 33 walks.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .237 with 31 doubles, 19 home runs and 39 walks.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Jameson Taillon (CHC)||Pitcher||Carson Spiers (CIN)|
|7 – 9||W/L||0 – 0|
Cubs vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 15 Day IL (Rib), Michael Fulmer: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Reds: Brandon Williamson: 10 Day IL (Covid), Ben Lively: 10 Day IL (Covid-19), Hunter Greene: 10 Day IL (Covid-19), Joey Votto: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt McLain: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Jonathan India: 10 Day IL (Heel), Kevin Newman: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Fernando Cruz: 10 Day IL (Covid-19), Graham Ashcraft: 15 Day IL (Toe), Alex Young: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)