Table of Contents
The Oakland Athletics (41-95) will try for a sweep of the Los Angeles Angels (64-72) on Sunday at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The Athletics lead 2-0, but are underdogs (+136) against the Angels (-160) in the matchup, which starts at 4:07 PM ET. Tyler Anderson gets the starting nod for Los Angeles, and Kyle Muller is Oakland’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Sunday, September 3, 2023
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels are fourth-best in baseball with 196 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks 15th in MLB with a .249 batting average.
- The Angels’ .323 on-base percentage ranks 15th in MLB.
- Los Angeles’ 9.2 strikeouts per game rank 25th in baseball.
- The Angels average 1.3 home runs per road game this season (93 total away from home).
- Los Angeles has a .427 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .257.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in OBP (.413), slugging percentage (.658) and total hits (151) this season. He has a .306 batting average.
- Among qualified batters, he is ninth in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is first in slugging.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .258 with 14 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 41 walks. He’s slugging .428 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average ranks him 77th, his on-base percentage 53rd, and his slugging percentage 84th.
- Rengifo heads into this game looking to extend his 10-game hit streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .474 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs, five walks and 10 RBI.
- Brandon Drury has 102 hits this season and has a slash line of .266/.305/.482.
- Randal Grichuk has been key for Los Angeles with 92 hits, an OBP of .324 plus a slugging percentage of .446.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 139 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- Oakland ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .223.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .300.
- Oakland ranks 24th in strikeouts per game (9.1) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 67 home contests this season.
- In 67 home games this season, it is slugging .353 with 167 hits going for extra bases.
- In 67 home games this season, they have a batting average of .214 while averaging 6.9 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has put up a slugging percentage of .338, a team-high for the Athletics. He’s batting .251 with an on-base percentage of .307.
- He is 92nd in batting average, 115th in on-base percentage and 135th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Brent Rooker leads his team with 95 hits and a .327 on-base percentage. He has a batting average of .244 while slugging .470.
- Including all qualified players, his batting average places him 107th, his on-base percentage ranks 80th, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Tony Kemp is batting .217 with 13 doubles, three triples, four home runs and 37 walks.
- Ryan Noda is hitting .239 with 19 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 65 walks.
Angels vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Anderson (LAA)||Pitcher||Kyle Muller (OAK)|
|5 – 6||W/L||1 – 5|
Angels vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Angels: Mike Trout: 10 Day IL (Hand), C.J. Cron: 10 Day IL (Back), Matt Thaiss: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Zach Neto: 10 Day IL (Back), Ben Joyce: 60 Day IL (Arm), Sam Bachman: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 60 Day IL (Elbow), José Suarez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Gio Urshela: 60 Day IL (Pelvis), Jo Adell: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Taylor Ward: 60 Day IL (Face), Anthony Rendon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Max Stassi: 60 Day IL (Hip ), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chase Silseth: 7 Day IL (Head)
- Athletics: JJ Bleday: 10 Day IL (Knee), Luis Medina: 15 Day IL (Finger), Austin Pruitt: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Angel Felipe: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Tarnok: 15 Day IL (Calf), James Kaprielian: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Zach Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Richard Lovelady: 60 Day IL (Arm), Mason Miller: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Yacksel Ríos: 60 Day IL (Finger)