Table of Contents
The Missouri Tigers (1-0) play on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET versus the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (0-1) at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium.
The Tigers are expected to win by at least two TDs (currently -20.5) versus the Blue Raiders. The over/under for this game is 50.5 points.
Game Info for Missouri vs. Middle Tennessee
- Game Day: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: SEC Network+
- Location: Columbia, Missouri
- Stadium: Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Missouri Pick Insights
- Missouri compiled a 7-6-0 record against the spread last season.
- Missouri covered the spread twice last season (2-1 ATS) when playing as at least 20.5-point favorites.
- Missouri games hit the over four out of 13 times last season.
Missouri Stats & Insights
- Missouri averaged just 2.9 fewer points per game (24.8) than Middle Tennessee surrendered (27.7) last year.
- Missouri was 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall last season when the team recorded over 27.7 points.
- Missouri racked up 41.9 fewer yards per game (367.6) than Middle Tennessee allowed per outing (409.5) last year.
- In games that Missouri totaled more than 409.5 yards last year, the team was 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Last season Missouri rushed for 39.0 more yards per game (155.8) than Middle Tennessee allowed per contest (116.8).
- Last season Missouri had a 6-2 ATS record and a 5-3 overall record in games the team ran for over 116.8 yards.
- Missouri turned the ball over 20 times last season, 10 fewer than Middle Tennessee forced turnovers (30).
Missouri’s Best Players
- Last year Brady Cook recorded 2,710 passing yards (208.5 per game), a 64.4% completion percentage (244-for-379), 12 touchdowns, and only seven interceptions. He also added 585 rushing yards on 139 carries with six rushing TDs (averaging 45 yards per game).
- Cody Schrader churned out 744 rushing yards (57.2 per game) and nine touchdowns last season.
- Dominic Lovett hauled in 56 catches for 846 yards (65.1 per game) while being targeted 76 times. He also scored three touchdowns.
- Barrett Banister also impressed receiving last year. He had 43 receptions for 452 yards. He was targeted 59 times.
- Luther Burden III’s stat line last season: 366 receiving yards, 43 catches, four touchdowns, on 71 targets.
- Isaiah McGuire’s hard work last season put up a stat line of seven sacks, 10 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Last season Jaylon Carlies tallied 47 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and three interceptions.
- Last season Daylan Carnell had a huge stat line of three interceptions, 20 tackles, one TFL, and three passes defended.
Middle Tennessee Betting Insights
- Middle Tennessee has put together a 0-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- Middle Tennessee is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 20.5 points or more this year.
- Middle Tennessee has hit the over in one of one games with a set total (100%).
Middle Tennessee Pick Insights
- Middle Tennessee averaged 3.6 more points per game (28.8) than Missouri surrendered (25.2) last year.
- When Middle Tennessee scored more than 25.2 points last year, it was 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- Middle Tennessee collected 33.2 more yards per game (374) than Missouri allowed per matchup (340.8) last year.
- Middle Tennessee was 5-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall when the team totaled more than 340.8 yards last season.
- Last year Middle Tennessee averaged 108.8 yards per game on the ground, 16.9 fewer than Missouri allowed per outing (125.7).
- Middle Tennessee had a 2-3 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record when the team rushed for over 125.7 yards last season.
- Last season Middle Tennessee turned the ball over 18 times, while Missouri forced 18 turnovers.
Middle Tennessee’s Best Players
- Chase Cunningham threw for 3,162 yards and 21 touchdowns last season.
- Frank Peasant averaged 59.5 rushing yards and collected nine rushing touchdowns. Peasant added 2.2 receptions per game to average 22 receiving yards.
- Darius Bracy rushed for 264 yards and four touchdowns last season.
- Jaylin Lane averaged 72.3 receiving yards and grabbed five receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2022 season.
- Izaiah Gathings averaged 43 receiving yards on 6.2 targets per game in 2022, scoring two touchdowns.
- Yusuf Ali averaged 29.6 receiving yards per game on 5.5 targets per game a season ago.
- Jordan Ferguson proved to be a strong defender last year, recording 8.5 sacks, 11 TFL, 43 tackles, and one interception.
- Tra Fluellen had an impactful defensive performance last season with 68 tackles, three TFL, and two interceptions.
- Last year Decorian Patterson intercepted seven passes to go along with 39 tackles and eight passes defended.