Table of Contents
Seiya Suzuki leads the Chicago Cubs (75-64) into a contest against the San Francisco Giants (70-69) after he racked up four hits in an 11-8 win over the Giants. The Cubs are favorites (-144) against the Giants (+123) in this outing, which begins at 2:20 PM ET on Wednesday. Chicago’s Jordan Wicks and San Francisco’s Alex Wood will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Giants
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Giants?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs are 14th in baseball with 168 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Chicago ranks 12th in the majors with a .254 batting average.
- The Cubs are eighth in MLB with a .329 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 8.8 times per game to rank 18th in the majors.
- The Cubs average 1.3 homers per home game this season (88 total at home).
- Chicago is slugging .429 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .261 with 607 hits (8.7 per game) at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Cody Bellinger leads Chicago in OBP (.364) and total hits (132) this season. He’s batting .319 batting average while slugging .546.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks sixth, his on-base percentage ranks 22nd, and he is ninth in slugging.
- Bellinger will look for his eighth straight game with a hit in this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .333 with two doubles, three home runs, two walks and 14 RBI.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.392) thanks to 38 extra-base hits. He’s batting .281 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks 20th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage and 115th in slugging percentage.
- Ian Happ has 121 hits this season and has a slash line of .245/.363/.419.
- Jeimer Candelario has been key for Chicago with 123 hits, an OBP of .339 plus a slugging percentage of .481.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants have hit 149 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- San Francisco’s .237 batting average ranks 25th in the majors this season.
- The Giants have the 23rd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.312).
- San Francisco is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- In 70 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 84 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- San Francisco is slugging .391 in 70 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .236 on the road this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is hitting .288 with 22 doubles, 21 home runs and 33 walks. He’s slugging .535 with an on-base percentage of .354.
- LaMonte Wade Jr has a .368 OBP to pace his team. He has a batting average of .251 while slugging .405.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average puts him 93rd, his on-base percentage is 18th, and he is 105th in slugging.
- J.D. Davis is hitting .249 with 19 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 45 walks.
- Joc Pederson is batting .242 with 12 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 47 walks.
Cubs vs. Giants Probable Pitchers
|Jordan Wicks (CHC)||Pitcher||Alex Wood (SF)|
|2 – 0||W/L||5 – 4|
Cubs vs. Giants Injury Updates
- Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 15 Day IL (Rib), Michael Fulmer: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Giants: Michael Conforto: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ross Stripling: 15 Day IL (Back), Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Mark Mathias: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm)