Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (73-66) will try for a sweep of the Cleveland Guardians (66-73) on Wednesday at Progressive Field. The Twins lead 2-0, and are favored (-130) against the underdog Guardians (+109) in the matchup, which starts at 1:10 PM ET. Minnesota’s Joe Ryan and Cleveland’s Gavin Williams pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB action with 199 total home runs.
- Minnesota has the 21st-ranked batting average in the majors (.242).
- The Twins’ .322 on-base percentage ranks 15th in MLB.
- Minnesota’s batters strike out 10.3 times per game, the most in MLB.
- The Twins average 1.4 homers per road game this season (97 total away from home).
- Minnesota is slugging .404 with three extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .234 away from home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in OBP (.312), slugging percentage (.399) and total hits (111) this season. He has a .231 batting average.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he ranks 123rd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 107th, and he is 112th in slugging.
- Correa will look for his sixth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .429 with a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Max Kepler is hitting .251 with 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 35 walks. He’s slugging .477 with an on-base percentage of .320.
- Donovan Solano is batting .294 with a .416 slugging percentage and 36 RBI this year.
- Solano heads into this matchup with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .409 with a double, a triple, a home run and six RBI.
- Jorge Polanco has been key for Minnesota with 64 hits, an OBP of .347 plus a slugging percentage of .475.
- Polanco has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 106 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks 17th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- Cleveland ranks second in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.1 Ks per contest.
- In 71 games at home this season, they’ve hit 46 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- In 71 home games this season, it is slugging .372 with 192 hits going for extra bases.
- In 71 home games this season, they have a batting average of .245 while averaging 8.1 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up a team-high OBP (.346), and paces the Guardians in hits (140). He’s batting .270 and slugging.
- Including all the qualifying players in the big leagues, his batting average is 52nd, his on-base percentage ranks 36th, and he is 39th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan is slugging .373 to pace his team. He has a batting average of .269 with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average puts him 53rd, his on-base percentage is 61st, and he is 122nd in slugging.
- Josh Naylor is batting .307 with 25 doubles, 15 home runs and 24 walks.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .232 with 23 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 31 walks.
Twins vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Joe Ryan (MIN)||Pitcher||Gavin Williams (CLE)|
|10 – 8||W/L||1 – 5|
Twins vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Twins: Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Michael A. Taylor: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Jose Miranda: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Oliver Ortega: 60 Day IL (Back), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Canterino: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed)
- Guardians: Michael Kelly: 15 Day IL (Back), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Gavin Williams: day-to-day (Knee)