Table of Contents
The Baltimore Orioles (88-51) visit the Boston Red Sox (72-68) on Friday at Fenway Park, starting at 7:10 PM ET. The Orioles are favored on the moneyline (-120), while the Red Sox are +100 underdogs, even though they are favored against the spread (1.5) with +164 odds. Kyle Bradish starts for Baltimore while Boston will counter with Tanner Houck.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Friday, September 8, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: NESN
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles rank 18th in MLB play with 161 total home runs.
- Baltimore ranks ninth in the majors with a .257 batting average.
- The Orioles’ .322 on-base percentage is 16th in MLB.
- Baltimore strikes out 8.3 times per game to rank 10th in baseball.
- The Orioles average 1.2 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (85 total in road contests).
- Baltimore has a .425 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .257 with 646 hits (9.1 per game) on the road this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman leads Baltimore OPS (.788) this season. He has a .272 batting average, an on-base percentage of .368, and a slugging percentage of .421.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, he ranks 41st in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage, and 90th in slugging.
- Anthony Santander leads Baltimore with 130 hits. He is batting .259 this season and has 62 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .492 with an on-base percentage of .330.
- Among qualified hitters, he is 75th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage.
- Santander heads into this game looking to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Gunnar Henderson has 117 hits this season and has a slash line of .251/.326/.476.
- Austin Hays has 14 home runs, 58 RBI and a batting average of .285 this season.
- Hays has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox have hit 166 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- Boston’s .263 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- The Red Sox have an on-base percentage of .329 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- Boston ranks 11th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 79 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 69 home contests this season.
- Boston has a team slugging percentage of .462 in home games this season with 252 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 9.7 base hits per game and batting .283 as a team at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has racked up 136 hits, a team-high for the Red Sox. He’s batting .267 and slugging .503 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he is 60th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging percentage.
- Justin Turner is hitting .282 with 27 doubles, 22 home runs and 47 walks. He’s slugging .474 with an on-base percentage of .354.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 18th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage.
- Masataka Yoshida has a slugging percentage of .460, a team-high for the Red Sox.
- Alex Verdugo has 34 doubles, five triples, 13 home runs and 42 walks while batting .276.
Orioles vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Bradish (BAL)||Pitcher||Tanner Houck (BOS)|
|10 – 6||W/L||4 – 8|
Orioles vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Orioles: Felix Bautista: 15 Day IL (Arm), Keegan Akin: 60 Day IL (Back), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Red Sox: Pablo Reyes: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Corey Kluber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jarren Duran: 60 Day IL (Toe), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Alex Verdugo: day-to-day (Hamstring)