Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers (87-55) match up with the San Diego Padres (67-77) after Miguel Rojas had a four-hit performance in a 7-3 win over the Nationals. The Dodgers are favored (-170) in this matchup with the Padres (+144), which starts at 10:10 PM ET on Monday. Los Angeles’ Clayton Kershaw starts against San Diego’s Pedro Avila.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Padres
- Game Day: Monday, September 11, 2023
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Padres?
- TV Channel: SportsNet LA
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers rank second in MLB action with 222 home runs. They average 1.6 per game.
- Los Angeles’ .258 batting average is eighth-best in MLB.
- The Dodgers rank second in MLB with an on-base percentage of .343.
- Los Angeles’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 13th in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (117 total in home contests).
- Los Angeles is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .467 in home contests.
- The team averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .259 at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles with 162 hits, batting .312 this season with 75 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .410 and a slugging percentage of .604.
- He is seventh in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and third in slugging among qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Freddie Freeman leads the Dodgers with an OPS of .996. He has a slash line of .340/.418/.578 this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is second in batting average, first in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage.
- Freeman enters this matchup looking to extend his four-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .389 with three doubles, six walks and an RBI.
- Max Muncy has collected 87 base hits, an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .489 this season.
- Muncy has logged a hit or more in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Will Smith has 17 home runs, 68 RBI and a batting average of .269 this season.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 183 home runs.
- San Diego has a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The Padres have an on-base percentage of .326 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- San Diego is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 93 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 69 road contests this season.
- San Diego has a team slugging percentage of .409 in away games this season with 214 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.1 base hits per game and batting .236 on the road this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Juan Soto has accumulated an on-base percentage of .398 and has 129 hits, both team-best numbers for the Padres. He’s batting .256 and slugging .481.
- He is 85th in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Ha-Seong Kim has 21 doubles, 17 home runs and 68 walks while batting .271. He’s slugging .419 with an on-base percentage of .361.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 46th in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has 29 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 46 walks while hitting .257.
- Manny Machado is hitting .251 with 20 doubles, 26 home runs and 47 walks.
Dodgers vs. Padres Probable Pitchers
|Clayton Kershaw (LAD)||Pitcher||Pedro Avila (SD)|
|12 – 4||W/L||1 – 2|
Dodgers vs. Padres Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Yency Almonte: 15 Day IL (Knee), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Lat), Joe Kelly: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Gus Varland: 15 Day IL (Knee), Tony Gonsolin: 60 Day IL (Forearm), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jake Marisnick: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), David Peralta: day-to-day (Elbow)
- Padres: Jake Cronenworth: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Gary Sánchez: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Ji-Man Choi: 10 Day IL (Rib), Joe Musgrove: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Yu Darvish: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Steven Wilson: 15 Day IL (Hip), Drew Carlton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Reiss Knehr: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Alek Jacob: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Pomeranz: 60 Day IL (Elbow/flexor)