Table of Contents
Mike Yastrzemski leads the San Francisco Giants (72-70) into a contest against the Colorado Rockies (51-90) after his four-hit performance in a 9-1 win over the Rockies. The Giants are moneyline favorites (-219) for this game against the underdog Rockies (+181), which begins at 8:10 PM ET on Sunday. Keaton Winn takes the mound first for San Francisco, and Peter Lambert is Colorado’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Sunday, September 10, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
How Do I Watch the Giants vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: ESPN
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 21st in baseball with 154 total home runs.
- San Francisco has the 24th-ranked batting average in the majors (.239).
- The Giants are 21st in MLB with a .314 on-base percentage.
- San Francisco strikes out 9.4 times per game, the fifth-worst mark in MLB.
- The Giants have hit 70 homers at home this season (one per game).
- San Francisco has a .388 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .242.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is batting .289 with 22 doubles, 22 home runs and 34 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .354 while slugging .535.
- Flores will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- LaMonte Wade Jr leads San Francisco with an OBP of .370 this season while batting .251 with 68 walks and 55 runs scored. He’s slugging .404.
- He ranks 96th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 107th in slugging among qualified batters.
- J.D. Davis leads San Francisco in total hits (112) this season, and 39 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Davis takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco with a slugging percentage of .417, fueled by 37 extra-base hits.
- Estrada enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .190 with a home run and three RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit just 137 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- Colorado ranks 16th in MLB with a .248 team batting average.
- The Rockies have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.309).
- Colorado is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 27th with an average of 9.5 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 66 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 74 road contests this season.
- Colorado is slugging .362 in 74 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .230 on the road this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- Ryan McMahon has racked up 123 hits with a .327 on-base percentage, leading the Rockies in both categories. He’s batting .245 and slugging .444.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, he is 105th in batting average, 76th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage.
- Ezequiel Tovar’s .416 slugging percentage paces his team. He has a batting average of .253 with an on-base percentage of .290.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average puts him 93rd, his on-base percentage is 134th, and he is 96th in slugging.
- Elias Diaz has 23 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .268.
- Charlie Blackmon has 16 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 35 walks while hitting .284.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Keaton Winn (SF)||Pitcher||Peter Lambert (COL)|
|0 – 2||W/L||3 – 6|
Giants vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Giants: Michael Conforto: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ross Stripling: 15 Day IL (Back), Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Mathias: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm), Patrick Bailey: 7 Day IL (Concussion), Austin Slater: day-to-day (Dizziness)
- Rockies: Kris Bryant: 10 Day IL (Finger), Daniel Bard: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Austin Gomber: 60 Day IL (Back), Ryan Feltner: 60 Day IL (Skull), German Márquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Antonio Senzatela: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow)