Table of Contents
The Colorado Rockies (53-92) will look for continued production from a hitter when they square off against the San Francisco Giants (75-71) on Thursday at 8:40 PM ET at Coors Field. Kris Bryant is currently on a two-game home run streak for the underdog Rockies (+208) going into this matchup with the favored Giants (-252). San Francisco has Logan Webb set to start, while Colorado counters with Chase Anderson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
How Do I Watch the Giants vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: SportsNet RM
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 19th in MLB action with 160 total home runs.
- San Francisco is 21st in the majors with a .241 batting average.
- The Giants rank 20th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .316.
- San Francisco’s 9.3 strikeouts per game rank 25th in baseball.
- The Giants average 1.2 homers per road game this season (84 total on the road).
- San Francisco is slugging .391 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .237 with 584 hits (8.2 per game) on the road this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is batting .288 with 22 doubles, 22 home runs and 34 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .354 while slugging .526.
- Flores hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with an RBI.
- LaMonte Wade Jr has 103 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .374. He’s batting .261 and slugging .409.
- His batting average ranks 77th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 14th, and his slugging percentage 102nd.
- Wade enters this matchup looking to extend his five-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .500 with a walk and two RBI.
- J.D. Davis is batting .251 with a .421 slugging percentage and 68 RBI this year.
- Thairo Estrada has 118 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .424, both of which rank first among San Francisco hitters this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit just 142 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- Colorado’s .248 batting average ranks 15th in the majors this season.
- The Rockies have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- Colorado is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.5 strikeouts per game.
- In 70 games at home this season, they’ve hit 76 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 70 home games this season, it is slugging .442 with 246 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .268 with 9.1 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- Ryan McMahon has a team-best OBP (.330), and paces the Rockies in hits (127). He’s batting .247 and slugging.
- He ranks 105th in batting average, 73rd in on-base percentage and 68th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- Ezequiel Tovar paces his team with a .412 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .251 with an on-base percentage of .287.
- Including all qualifying players, he ranks 96th in batting average, 135th in on-base percentage and 99th in slugging percentage.
- Elias Diaz is hitting .272 with 23 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 30 walks.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .276 with 17 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 36 walks.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Logan Webb (SF)||Pitcher||Chase Anderson (COL)|
|10 – 12||W/L||0 – 5|
Giants vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Giants: Michael Conforto: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ross Stripling: 15 Day IL (Back), Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Mathias: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm)
- Rockies: Daniel Bard: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Austin Gomber: 60 Day IL (Back), Ryan Feltner: 60 Day IL (Skull), German Márquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Antonio Senzatela: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow)