Table of Contents
Star player Marcus Carroll and the Georgia State Panthers (3-0) play the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (2-1) on Thursday at 7:30 PM ET, at Brooks Stadium.
The Chanticleers are the favorites (-6.5) in their matchup against the Panthers, with the over/under at 61 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Chanticleers are -260 and the Panthers are +210.)
Game Info for Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State
- Game Day: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Conway, South Carolina
- Stadium: Brooks Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Coastal Carolina Pick Insights
- So far this season, Coastal Carolina has put together a 3-0-0 record against the spread.
- In games it has played as at least 6.5-point favorites this season, Coastal Carolina is 2-0 against the spread.
- One of Coastal Carolina’s three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Coastal Carolina Stats & Insights
- Coastal Carolina is averaging 419.7 yards per game on offense this year (50th in the FBS), and are allowing 385.7 yards per game (96th) on defense.
- Offensively, Coastal Carolina ranks 39th in the FBS with 36.3 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 36th in points allowed (385.7 points allowed per contest).
- Coastal Carolina ranks 35th in pass offense (277 passing yards per game) and 69th in pass defense (211.7 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Coastal Carolina ranks 82nd in run offense (142.7 rushing yards per game) and 108th in run defense (174 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Coastal Carolina has the 90th-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (42.5% third-down percentage allowed), and has been better offensively, ranking 12th-best with a 53.7% third-down percentage.
- Coastal Carolina has forced eight total turnovers (fifth in the FBS) this season and have turned it over four times (61st in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +4, the 14th-best in college football.
Coastal Carolina’s Best Players
- Grayson McCall has thrown for 708 yards (236 ypg) to lead Coastal Carolina, completing 69% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes compared to two interceptions this season.
- Jared Brown has compiled 95 rushing yards on four carries, scoring one touchdown. He’s also added 187 yards (62.3 per game) on 17 catches with one touchdown.
- Braydon Bennett has collected 90 yards on 25 carries, scoring two times.
- Sam Pinckney’s 244 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 27 times and has registered 15 catches and two touchdowns.
- Kyre Duplessis has been the target of four passes and compiled two receptions for 89 yards, an average of 29.7 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
- Micheal Mason has racked up 1.5 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up one TFL and seven tackles.
- So far Clayton Isbell leads the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has racked up 11 tackles and three interceptions this season.
Georgia State Betting Insights
- Georgia State is 2-0-0 against the spread this year.
- In Georgia State’s two games with a set total, one has hit the over (50%).
Georgia State Pick Insights
- From an offensive angle, Georgia State is generating 462 total yards per contest (34th-ranked). It ranks 104th in the FBS defensively (400.7 total yards surrendered per game).
- With 39.3 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, Georgia State ranks 26th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 78th, surrendering 24.7 points per contest.
- Georgia State has been struggling to stop the pass, ranking eighth-worst with 317.3 passing yards given up per game. It has been more productive on the other side of the ball, putting up 267.7 passing yards per contest (42nd-ranked).
- Georgia State has been thriving on run defense, surrendering only 83.3 rushing yards per contest (20th-best). Offensively, it ranks 33rd in the FBS by racking up 194.3 rushing yards per game.
- While Georgia State’s third-down defense has had trouble stopping opposing offenses, ranking 12th-worst by ceding a 50% third-down conversion rate, its offense ranks 20th-best with a 52.3% third-down rate.
- Georgia State sports a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking fourth-best at +6.
Georgia State’s Best Players
- Darren Grainger has thrown for 803 yards (267.7 ypg) to lead Georgia State, completing 73.4% of his passes and recording six touchdown passes this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 216 yards (72 ypg) on 34 carries with two touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Carroll, has carried the ball 67 times for 358 yards (119.3 per game) with seven touchdowns.
- Robert Lewis’ 347 receiving yards (115.7 yards per game) are a team high. He has 17 catches on 21 targets with four touchdowns.
- Tailique Williams has racked up 203 receiving yards (67.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns on nine receptions.
- Jacari Carter’s 10 grabs (on 11 targets) have netted him 95 yards (31.7 ypg).
- Kevin Swint has 1.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has three TFL and 13 tackles.
- Jontrey Hunter is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s collected 20 tackles and one TFL.
- Gavin Pringle has a team-high two interceptions to go along with nine tackles, two TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.