Table of Contents
At Ross-Ade Stadium on Friday, the Wisconsin Badgers (2-1) face the Purdue Boilermakers (1-2).
The Badgers are expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7) versus the Boilermakers. The over/under for this matchup is 54.5 points.
Game Info for Wisconsin vs. Purdue
- Game Day: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
- Stadium: Ross-Ade Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wisconsin Pick Insights
- Wisconsin is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Wisconsin has a 1-1 record against the spread in games it was favored by 7 points or more this season.
- Wisconsin has combined with its opponent to hit the over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Wisconsin Stats & Insights
- Wisconsin is totaling 440.7 yards per game on offense (42nd in the FBS), and rank 81st on defense, yielding 367.7 yards allowed per game.
- Wisconsin ranks 57th in scoring offense (31.7 points per game) and 55th in scoring defense (20.7 points allowed per game) this year.
- Wisconsin sports the 69th-ranked passing offense this season (237 passing yards per game), and has been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 21st-worst with 276 passing yards allowed per game.
- Wisconsin is totaling 203.7 rushing yards per game offensively this year (27th in the FBS), and is surrendering 91.7 rushing yards per game (26th) on the other side of the ball.
- On offense, Wisconsin ranks 103rd in the FBS with a 35.1% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 73rd in third-down conversion rate allowed (91.7).
- Wisconsin has the 47th-ranked turnover margin in college football at +1, forcing six turnovers (25th in the FBS) while turning it over five times (78th in the FBS).
Wisconsin’s Best Players
- Tanner Mordecai has thrown for 703 yards (234.3 ypg) to lead Wisconsin, completing 67.3% of his passes and recording two touchdown passes compared to two interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 59 rushing yards on 22 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Chez Mellusi has 267 rushing yards on 40 carries with four touchdowns.
- Braelon Allen has piled up 255 yards on 36 carries, scoring four times.
- Chimere Dike’s team-high 161 yards as a receiver have come on eight receptions (out of 14 targets) with one touchdown.
- Will Pauling has put up a 149-yard season so far, reeling in 11 passes on 14 targets.
- Skyler Bell has been the target of 15 passes and racked up 13 catches for 105 yards, an average of 35 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
- Darryl Peterson has two sacks to pace the team, and also has two TFL and eight tackles.
- Hunter Wohler has 24 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and two interceptions, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
Purdue Betting Insights
- Purdue is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- In Purdue’s three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Purdue Pick Insights
- From an offensive angle, Purdue is compiling 397.7 total yards per contest (65th-ranked). It ranks 106th in the FBS on defense (409.3 total yards allowed per game).
- Purdue is accumulating 26.3 points per game on offense this season (80th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 30.3 points per contest (103rd-ranked) on defense.
- Purdue has been struggling to stop the pass, ranking 20th-worst with 276.7 passing yards allowed per game. It has been more productive on the other side of the ball, generating 275 passing yards per contest (37th-ranked).
- With 122.7 rushing yards per game on offense, Purdue ranks 100th in the FBS. On defense it ranks 76th, surrendering 132.7 rushing yards per game.
- Purdue’s defense has been bottom-25 on third down this season, surrendering a 48.8% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 15th-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 78th with a 48.8% third-down rate.
- After forcing four turnovers (63rd in the FBS) and turning the ball over four times (61st in the FBS) this season, Purdue has the 59th-ranked turnover margin of 0.
Purdue’s Best Players
- Hudson Card has recored 825 passing yards, or 275 per game, so far this season. He has completed 65.5% of his passes and has collected three touchdowns with one interception. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 13.7 rushing yards per game while scoring as a runner two times.
- Devin Mockobee is his team’s leading rusher with 49 carries for 186 yards, or 62 per game. He’s found paydirt two times on the ground, as well. Mockobee has also chipped in with eight catches for 50 yards.
- Tyrone Tracy Jr. has rushed for 92 yards on 17 carries with three touchdowns.
- Deion Burks has hauled in 221 receiving yards on nine catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring three touchdowns as a receiver.
- Abdur-Rahmaan Yaseen has collected 218 receiving yards (72.7 yards per game) on 18 receptions.
- Max Klare’s 15 catches (on 20 targets) have netted him 151 yards (50.3 ypg).
- Kydran Jenkins paces the team with three sacks, and also has four TFL and 14 tackles.
- Purdue’s top-tackler, Dillon Thieneman, has 28 tackles and two interceptions this year.
- Cam Allen leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording nine tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended.