Table of Contents
Mookie Betts needs just one more home run to have 40 on the season, and will look to hit that milestone when his Los Angeles Dodgers (90-57) visit the Seattle Mariners (81-67) at T-Mobile Park on Sunday, beginning at 4:10 PM ET. Betts’ Dodgers are favored (-141) in the outing against the Mariners (+120). Emmet Sheehan gets the starting nod for Los Angeles, and Logan Gilbert is Seattle’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Mariners
- Game Day: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Mariners?
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are second-best in baseball with 229 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks seventh in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Dodgers are second in MLB with an on-base percentage of .342.
- Los Angeles’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 13th in the majors.
- The Dodgers average 1.5 home runs per road game this season (107 total on the road).
- Los Angeles is slugging .451 with 3.7 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .257 with 659 hits (9.0 per game) on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Betts leads Los Angeles in total hits (167) this season while batting .310 with 77 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .410 and a slugging percentage of .599.
- He is seventh in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and fourth in slugging among all qualified hitters in baseball.
- Betts has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Freddie Freeman has a slash line of .338/.416/.576 this season and a team-best OPS of .992.
- He ranks second in batting average, second in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging in MLB.
- Max Muncy has collected 91 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .492 this season.
- Muncy enters this game with eight games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 outings he is batting .256 with a double, a triple, three home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Will Smith has 18 home runs, 71 RBI and a batting average of .265 this season.
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners have hit 195 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- Seattle ranks 19th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Mariners have the 14th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.322).
- Seattle ranks just 29th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.9 whiffs per contest.
- In 73 games at home this season, they’ve hit 86 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Seattle has a team slugging percentage of .405 in home games this season with 221 extra-base hits.
- In 73 home games this season, they have a batting average of .239 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez has accumulated a slugging percentage of .504 and has 174 hits, both team-high marks for the Mariners. He’s batting .290 and with an on-base percentage of .345.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 11th in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging percentage.
- Rodriguez hopes to build on an eight-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .349 with three doubles, three home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- J.P. Crawford’s .376 on-base percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .262 while slugging .422.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 75th in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage and 86th in slugging percentage.
- Teoscar Hernandez is batting .265 with 28 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 33 walks.
- Cal Raleigh is batting .233 with 21 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 51 walks.
Dodgers vs. Mariners Probable Pitchers
|Emmet Sheehan (LAD)||Pitcher||Logan Gilbert (SEA)|
|3 – 1||W/L||13 – 5|
Dodgers vs. Mariners Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Yency Almonte: 15 Day IL (Knee), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Lat), Wander Suero: 15 Day IL (Back), Tony Gonsolin: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Gus Varland: 60 Day IL (Knee), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Marisnick: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Mariners: Tom Murphy: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Marco Gonzales: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Penn Murfee: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Robbie Ray: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Emerson Hancock: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Easton McGee: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor)