Table of Contents
Star wide receiver Erik Brooks and the Fresno State Bulldogs (3-0) play the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-2) on Saturday at 10:30 PM ET, at Bulldog Stadium at Jim Sweeney Field.
The Bulldogs are expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -28) against the Golden Flashes. The over/under for this matchup is 51 points.
Game Info for Fresno State vs. Kent State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 10:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Fresno, California
- Stadium: Bulldog Stadium at Jim Sweeney Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Fresno State Pick Insights
- Fresno State is 2-0-0 against the spread this season.
- One of Fresno State’s two games with a set total has hit the over (50%).
Fresno State Stats & Insights
- From an offensive standpoint, Fresno State ranks 63rd in the FBS with 400.3 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 52nd in total defense (319.7 yards allowed per contest).
- Fresno State ranks 47th in scoring offense (34 points per game) and 62nd in scoring defense (22 points allowed per game) this year.
- Fresno State is averaging 291.7 passing yards per game on offense (27th in the FBS), and ranks 80th on defense with 225 passing yards allowed per game.
- Fresno State ranks 22nd-worst in rushing offense (108.7 rushing yards per game), but has played better on defense, ranking 30th with 94.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, Fresno State ranks 47th in the FBS with a 45.1% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 45th in third-down percentage allowed (94.7).
- Fresno State owns the best turnover margin in college football at +8, forcing 10 turnovers (first in the FBS) while turning it over two times (11th in the FBS).
Fresno State’s Best Players
- Mikey Keene has 870 pass yards for Fresno State, completing 65.2% of his passes and tossing eight touchdowns and two interceptions this season.
- Elijah Gilliam has 248 rushing yards on 58 carries with two touchdowns.
- Malik Sherrod has been handed the ball 14 times this year and racked up 59 yards (19.7 per game) with one touchdown.
- Brooks has hauled in 28 receptions for 369 yards (123 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone three times as a receiver.
- Jaelen Gill has hauled in 17 receptions totaling 177 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jalen Moss has racked up 13 grabs for 92 yards, an average of 30.7 yards per game. He’s scored two times as a receiver this season.
- Jacob Holmes leads the team with one sack, and also has two TFL.
- Dean Clark, Fresno State’s tackle leader, has 19 tackles this year.
- Carlton Johnson has a team-high three interceptions to go along with six tackles and three passes defended.
Kent State Betting Insights
- Kent State is 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Kent State is 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 28 points or more this season.
- Out of Kent State’s two games with a set total, one has hit the over (50%).
Kent State Pick Insights
- Kent State has been struggling on offense, ranking 14th-worst with 302.3 total yards per game. It has been better on defense, allowing 394.7 total yards per contest (103rd-ranked).
- This season has been tough for Kent State on both offense and defense, as it is putting up only 16.7 points per game (13th-worst) and ceding 31.3 points per game (22nd-worst).
- Kent State ranks 16th-worst in passing yards per game on offense (163.7), but at least it has been dominating on defense, ranking 25th-best in passing yards surrendered per contest (173.3).
- Kent State ranks 86th in rushing yards per game (138.7), but it has been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking seventh-worst in the FBS with 221.3 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- Kent State has been struggling on third down, ranking fifth-worst with a 53.7% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. It has been more productive on the other side of the ball, generating a 40% third-down rate (74th-ranked).
- Kent State has compiled five forced turnovers (46th in the FBS) and committed three turnovers (32nd in the FBS) this season for a +2 turnover margin that ranks 29th in the FBS.
Kent State’s Best Players
- Michael Alaimo leads Kent State with 491 yards on 35-of-64 passing with one touchdown compared to three interceptions this season.
- Gavin Garcia has rushed 57 times for 238 yards, with two touchdowns.
- Jaylen Thomas has collected 71 yards (on 12 attempts) with one touchdown.
- Trell Harris has totaled 11 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 208 (69.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 18 times and has one touchdown.
- Chrishon McCray has put together a 105-yard season so far. He’s caught seven passes on 15 targets.
- Justin Holmes’ nine targets have resulted in eight grabs for 83 yards.
- Matt Harmon has collected one sack to lead the team, while also recording one TFL and six tackles.
- Kent State’s leading tackler, Devin Nicholson, has 22 tackles and three TFL this year.
- D.J. Miller Jr. has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has seven tackles and one pass defended to his name.