Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (72-79) and the Kansas City Royals (49-102) square off on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Guardians are favored (-162) against the underdog Royals (+137). Logan Allen starts for Cleveland while Kansas City will counter with Steven Cruz.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Royals
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSKC
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB play with 116 home runs.
- Cleveland ranks 15th in MLB with a .250 batting average.
- The Guardians’ .312 on-base percentage is 22nd in baseball.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.0 times per game, the least Ks in the majors.
- The Guardians have hit 66 homers on the road this season (0.9 per game).
- Cleveland has a .383 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .251 with 668 hits (8.8 per game) on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.353) and total hits (157) this season. He’s batting .277 batting average while slugging .482.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 28th, his on-base percentage ranks 35th, and he is 31st in slugging.
- Ramirez will look for his seventh straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .359 with two doubles, three home runs, six walks and six RBI.
- Steven Kwan has an OPS of .716, fueled by an OBP of .343 and a team-best slugging percentage of .373 this season. He’s batting .273.
- Among qualifiers, he is 36th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 123rd in slugging percentage.
- Josh Naylor is batting .313 with a .505 slugging percentage and 91 RBI this year.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with 128 hits, an OBP of .313 plus a slugging percentage of .386.
- Gimenez takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with a double, a home run and six RBI.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals’ 150 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- Kansas City’s .243 batting average ranks 19th in the majors this season.
- The Royals have an OBP of just .301 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Kansas City ranks 14th with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 80 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 76 home contests this season.
- Kansas City has a team slugging percentage of .418 in home games this season with 228 extra-base hits.
- In 76 home games this season, they have a batting average of .257 while averaging 8.6 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has put up a slugging percentage of .496 and has 166 hits, both team-best numbers for the Royals. He’s batting .278 and with an on-base percentage of .320.
- Including all the qualifying players in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 24th, his on-base percentage is 94th, and he is 22nd in slugging.
- Maikel Garcia paces his team with a .323 on-base percentage. He has a batting average of .272 while slugging .366.
- Including all qualified players, his batting average places him 38th, his on-base percentage is 85th, and he is 126th in slugging.
- MJ Melendez is hitting .233 with 28 doubles, five triples, 14 home runs and 55 walks.
- Edward Olivares is hitting .261 with 21 doubles, four triples, 10 home runs and 20 walks.
Guardians vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Logan Allen (CLE)||Pitcher||Steven Cruz (KC)|
|7 – 7||W/L||0 – 0|
Guardians vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Guardians: Tanner Bibee: 15 Day IL (Hip), Michael Kelly: 15 Day IL (Back), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Royals: John McMillon: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Daniel Lynch: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Austin Cox: 60 Day IL (Knee), Freddy Fermin: 60 Day IL (Finger), Josh Staumont: 60 Day IL (Neck), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Salvador Pérez: 7 Day IL (Concussion)