Table of Contents
The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (1-2) will host the Colorado State Rams (0-2) on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET.
The Blue Raiders are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2), against the Rams. The over/under for this matchup is 53.5 points.
Game Info for Middle Tennessee vs. Colorado State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Stadium: Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Middle Tennessee Pick Insights
- Middle Tennessee has covered the spread once in three games this season.
- Middle Tennessee has not yet covered the spread as favorites of 2 points or more this season (0-1).
- Middle Tennessee has combined with its opponent to go over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Middle Tennessee Stats & Insights
- Last year, Middle Tennessee averaged just 1.9 more points per game (28.8) than Colorado State surrendered (26.9).
- Middle Tennessee was 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games when it scored over 26.9 points last year.
- Middle Tennessee racked up 374 yards per game last season, just 19.2 more than the 354.8 Colorado State allowed per matchup.
- When Middle Tennessee totaled over 354.8 yards last year, the team was 5-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Last season Middle Tennessee racked up 108.8 yards per game on the ground, 55.2 fewer than Colorado State allowed per outing (164).
- When Middle Tennessee ran for over 164 yards last year, it compiled a 2-2 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record.
- Middle Tennessee turned the ball over three more times (18 total) than Colorado State forced a turnover (15) last year.
Middle Tennessee’s Best Players
- Chase Cunningham’s previous season stat line: 3,162 passing yards (243.2 per game), 309-for-463 (66.7%), 21 touchdowns and 10 picks.
- Last year, Frank Peasant rushed for 774 yards on 182 carries (59.5 yards per game) and scored nine times. Peasant also collected 28 catches for 286 yards and two scores.
- Darius Bracy posted 264 rushing yards on 65 carries and four touchdowns last season.
- Jaylin Lane collected 69 receptions for 940 yards and five touchdowns last year. He was targeted 100 times, and averaged 72.3 yards per game.
- Izaiah Gathings tacked on 559 yards on 60 grabs with two touchdowns. He was targeted 80 times, and averaged 43 receiving yards per game.
- Yusuf Ali grabbed 51 passes for 385 yards and two touchdowns, putting up 29.6 yards per game last season.
- Last season Jordan Ferguson stacked up 8.5 sacks, 11 TFL, 43 tackles, and one interception.
- Last season Tra Fluellen racked up 68 tackles, three TFL, and two interceptions.
- Decorian Patterson collected seven interceptions while adding 39 tackles and eight passes defended last year.
Colorado State Betting Insights
- Colorado State is 1-1-0 against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 2-point underdogs this season, the Rams are 1-1 against the spread.
- Each of Colorado State’s two game with a set total have hit the over.
Colorado State Pick Insights
- Last year Colorado State averaged 14.5 fewer points per game (13.2) than Middle Tennessee gave up (27.7).
- Colorado State racked up 123.7 fewer yards per game (285.8) than Middle Tennessee gave up per matchup (409.5) last year.
- Last season Colorado State ran for 27.8 fewer yards per game (89) than Middle Tennessee allowed per outing (116.8).
- Colorado State had a 3-1 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record when the team ran for more than 116.8 yards last year.
- Colorado State turned the ball over 19 times last season, 11 fewer times than Middle Tennessee forced turnovers (30).
Colorado State’s Best Players
- Clay Millen completed 72.2% of his passes to throw for 1,910 yards and 10 touchdowns last season.
- Avery Morrow averaged 69.5 rushing yards per game and scored four rushing touchdowns.
- A’jon Vivens ran for 104 yards a year ago.
- Tory Horton averaged 94.3 receiving yards and racked up eight receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2022 season.
- Justus Ross-Simmons hauled in three touchdowns and had 424 receiving yards (35.3 ypg) in 2022.
- Tanner Arkin averaged 10.9 receiving yards per game on 1.6 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Mohamed Kamara collected eight sacks, eight TFL and 25 tackles.
- Jack Howell had a stellar defensive performance last season with 91 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and three interceptions.