Table of Contents
The Seattle Seahawks (1-1) host the Carolina Panthers (0-2) at Lumen Field on Sunday, September 24, 2023.
The Seahawks ranked ninth in scoring offense (23.9 points per game) and 25th in scoring defense (23.6 points allowed per game) last season. The Panthers ranked fourth-worst in total offense (306.2 yards per game) last season, but they played slightly better on defense, ranking 22nd with 350.2 yards allowed per contest.
Seahawks vs. Panthers Picks
Splash Inc. users project the underdog Panthers will win straight up against the Seahawks on Sunday, with 14.4% of users picking them to come out on top. However users are split 50-50 on who is the right choice in terms of the 6-point spread.
Game Info: Seahawks vs. Panthers
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: Lumen Field
Check out these betting insights and trends before you bet on Sunday’s Seattle-Carolina spread (Seattle -6) or total (42 points).
Game Trends for Seahawks
- The Seahawks compiled a 7-10-0 ATS record last year.
- The Seahawks did not cover the spread last season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Last season, eight of the Seahawks’ games hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Seahawks
- The Seahawks averaged 23.9 points per game last season, comparable to the 22 per outing the Panthers surrendered.
- When the Seahawks scored more than 22 points last season, they were 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- When the Panthers allowed less than 23.9 points last season, they had a 7-1 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall.
- The Seahawks racked up 351.5 yards per game last year, just 1.3 more than the 350.2 the Panthers allowed per contest.
- When the Seahawks totaled more than 350.2 yards last year, the team was 3-5 against the spread and 5-3 overall.
- When the Panthers kept their opponents to fewer than 351.5 yards last year, they had a -3 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last season, the Seahawks ran for just 2.5 fewer yards (120.1) than the Panthers allowed per contest (122.6).
- Last season the Seahawks had a 5-3 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games the team ran for more than 122.6 yards.
- When the Panthers kept their opponents to less than 120.1 yards on the ground last year, they were -3 against the spread and – overall.
- Last year the Seahawks turned the ball over 23 times, six more than the Panthers’ takeaways (17).
Best Players for Seahawks
- Geno Smith: 4,282 PASS YDS / 251.9 YPG / 69.8% / 30 TD / 11 INT / 68 CAR / 366 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Kenneth Walker III: 228 CAR / 1,050 YDS / 70 YPG / 9 TD / 27 REC / 165 YDS / 11 YPG / 0 TD
- D.K. Metcalf: 90 REC / 1,048 YDS / 61.6 YPG / 6 TD
- Tyler Lockett: 84 REC / 1,033 YDS / 64.6 YPG / 9 TD
- Noah Fant: 50 REC / 486 YDS / 28.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Jordyn Brooks: 161 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 5 PD
Game Trends for Panthers
- The Panthers’ record against the spread last season was 9-8-0.
- The Panthers won twice ATS (2-3) as underdogs of 6 points or greater last year.
- Out of the 17 Panthers’ games last year, eight went over the total.
Stats & Insights for Panthers
- Last year the Panthers averaged 3.2 fewer points per game (20.4) than the Seahawks allowed (23.6).
- When the Panthers scored over 23.6 points last year, they were 4-2 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- The Seahawks had a 4-1 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall in games when they allowed fewer than 20.4 points last year.
- The Panthers racked up 306.2 yards per game last season, 55.5 fewer yards than the 361.7 the Seahawks gave up per matchup.
- The Panthers were 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall when the team amassed more than 361.7 yards last year.
- The Seahawks had a -2 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to fewer than 306.2 yards last season.
- The Panthers rushed for 130 yards per game last year, 20.2 fewer than the 150.2 the Seahawks allowed per contest.
- The Panthers had a 7-0 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record when the team ran for more than 150.2 yards last year.
- When the Seahawks limited their opponents to less than 130 yards on the ground last year, they were -1 against the spread and – overall.
- The Panthers turned the ball over 21 times last year, four fewer times than the Seahawks forced turnovers (25).
Best Players for Panthers
- Miles Sanders: 259 CAR / 1,269 YDS / 74.6 YPG / 11 TD / 20 REC / 78 YDS / 4.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Chuba Hubbard: 95 CAR / 466 YDS / 33.3 YPG / 2 TD / 14 REC / 171 YDS / 12.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Adam Thielen: 70 REC / 716 YDS / 42.1 YPG / 6 TD
- D.J. Chark: 30 REC / 502 YDS / 45.6 YPG / 3 TD
- Terrace Marshall Jr.: 28 REC / 490 YDS / 37.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Shaq Thompson: 135 TKL / 8 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 4 PD