Table of Contents
One of the top wideouts in college football will be on display when Marvin Harrison Jr. and the Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0) visit the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-0) on Saturday, September 23, 2023.
The Buckeyes are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3), versus the Fighting Irish. The over/under for this game is 55.5 points.
Game Info for Ohio State vs. Notre Dame
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Stadium: Notre Dame Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Ohio State Pick Insights
- Ohio State has covered the spread once in three games this season.
- Ohio State is 1-2 against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- One of Ohio State’s three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Ohio State Stats & Insights
- Ohio State has been thriving on both offense and defense, ranking 24th-best in total offense (474.7 yards per game) and third-best in total defense (223.7 yards allowed per game).
- Ohio State has been a handful for opposing teams, as they rank top-25 in both scoring offense (20th-best with 40.3 points per game) and scoring defense (second-best with 6.7 points allowed per game) this year.
- Ohio State has been finding success on both sides of the ball in the passing game, ranking 17th-best in passing offense (318 passing yards per game) and sixth-best in passing defense (140.3 passing yards allowed per game).
- Ohio State owns the 70th-ranked offense this season in terms of rushing yards (156.7 per game), and has been more effective on defense, ranking 20th-best with only 83.3 rushing yards allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Ohio State ranks 101st in the FBS with a 35.3% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 34th in third-down conversion rate allowed (83.3).
- With five forced turnovers (46th in the FBS) against three turnovers committed (32nd in the FBS), Ohio State’s +2+2 turnover margin ranks 29th in college football.
Ohio State’s Best Players
- Kyle McCord has compiled 815 yards (271.7 ypg) on 53-of-76 passing with six touchdowns compared to one interception this season.
- The team’s top rusher, TreVeyon Henderson, has carried the ball 30 times for 191 yards (63.7 per game), scoring four times.
- DeaMonte Trayanum has been handed the ball 19 times this year and racked up 133 yards (44.3 per game) with one touchdown.
- Harrison’s team-leading 304 yards as a receiver have come on 14 catches (out of 25 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Cade Stover has caught 10 passes for 188 yards (62.7 yards per game) this year.
- Emeka Egbuka’s 12 receptions have yielded 167 yards and three touchdowns.
- Hero Kanu has one sack to pace the team, and also has one TFL and four tackles.
- Ohio State’s top-tackler, Tommy Eichenberg, has 20 tackles and one sack this year.
- Denzel Burke has a team-leading one interception to go along with one pass defended.
Notre Dame Betting Insights
- Notre Dame is 3-1-0 ATS this season.
- Notre Dame has gone over in three of their four games with a set total (75%).
Notre Dame Pick Insights
- Notre Dame has dominated on both offense and defense this season, ranking 16th-best in total offense (508.8 total yards per game) and fourth-best in total defense (234.3 total yards allowed per game).
- Notre Dame has been a top-25 unit on both offense and defense this season, as it ranks ninth-best in points per game (46) and 14th-best in points allowed per game (11.8).
- Notre Dame has been top-25 in passing on both sides of the ball this season, as it ranks 21st-best in passing yards per game (304.3) and third-best in passing yards allowed per game (126.8).
- With 204.5 rushing yards per game on offense, Notre Dame ranks 26th in the FBS. Defensively it ranks 42nd, surrendering 107.5 rushing yards per game.
- Notre Dame’s third-down defense ranks 29th in the FBS with a 31.7% third-down conversion rate given up, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks 10th-best by generating a 54.5% third-down rate.
- Notre Dame has excelled in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of +3 ranks 22nd-best in the FBS, with five forced turnovers (46th in the nation) and two turnovers committed (11th in the nation).
Notre Dame’s Best Players
- Sam Hartman has compiled 1,061 yards (265.3 ypg) while completing 71.1% of his passes and tossing 13 touchdown passes this season.
- Audric Estime is his team’s leading rusher with 63 carries for 521 yards, or 130.3 per game. He’s found the end zone five times on the ground, as well.
- Jeremiyah Love has piled up 119 yards (on 18 attempts) with one touchdown.
- Chris Tyree has collected eight catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 216 (54 yards per game). He’s been targeted 10 times and has two touchdowns.
- Jayden Thomas has 12 receptions (on 16 targets) for a total of 188 yards (47 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Tobias Merriweather has racked up 131 reciving yards (32.8 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Joshua Burnham has racked up one sack to pace the team, while also picking up two TFL and seven tackles.
- Jack Kiser is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s totaled 24 tackles and one sack.
- Benjamin Morrison has a team-leading one interception to go along with seven tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended.