Table of Contents
The Green Bay Packers (1-1) host the New Orleans Saints (2-0) at Lambeau Field on Sunday, September 24, 2023.
The Packers averaged 21.8 points per game on offense last season (14th in NFL), and they surrendered 21.8 points per game (17th) on the other side of the ball. The Saints put up 19.4 points per game on offense last season (22nd in NFL), and they ranked ninth defensively with 20.3 points allowed per game.
Packers vs. Saints Picks
The Packers are expected by Splash Inc. users to both win straight up and also cover the spread against the Saints on Sunday. Right now, 55.7% of users are picking them to win and 54.2% are picking the Packers to cover the 2-point spread.
Game Info: Packers vs. Saints
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Stadium: Lambeau Field
Take a look at the betting trends and insights below before making a bet on Sunday’s Green Bay-New Orleans spread (Green Bay -2) or total (42.5 points).
Game Trends for Packers
- The Packers covered eight times in 17 games with a spread last season.
- The Packers were favored by 2 points or more 11 times last season, and covered the spread in four of those games.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total eight times in Packers games.
Stats & Insights for Packers
- Last year, the Packers averaged just 1.5 more points per game (21.8) than the Saints allowed (20.3).
- The Packers were 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall last season when the team notched over 20.3 points.
- When the Saints gave up fewer than 21.8 points last season, they had a 5-5 record against the spread and a 5-5 record overall.
- The Packers racked up 23.1 more yards per game (337.9) than the Saints gave up per matchup (314.8) last season.
- When the Packers churned out more than 314.8 yards last season, the team was 7-4 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- The Saints had a -7 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to fewer than 337.9 yards last year.
- Last season the Packers averaged 124.3 yards per game on the ground, just 6.2 fewer yards than the Saints allowed per contest (130.5).
- When the Packers ran for over 130.5 yards last year, they had a 6-1 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record.
- When the Saints kept their opponents to less than 124.3 yards on the ground last year, they were -3 against the spread and – overall.
- The Packers turned the ball over 22 times last year, eight more turnovers than the Saints forced (14).
Best Players for Packers
- Aaron Jones: 213 CAR / 1,121 YDS / 65.9 YPG / 2 TD / 59 REC / 395 YDS / 23.2 YPG / 5 TD
- A.J. Dillon: 186 CAR / 770 YDS / 45.3 YPG / 7 TD / 28 REC / 206 YDS / 12.1 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Watson: 41 REC / 611 YDS / 43.6 YPG / 7 TD
- Romeo Doubs: 42 REC / 425 YDS / 32.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Jonathan Owens: 125 TKL / 1 SACK / 4 PD
Game Trends for Saints
- Against the spread, the Saints were 7-10-0 last year.
- The Saints’ ATS record as underdogs of 2 points or greater was 4-4 last year.
- In 17 Saints games last season, six of them went over the total.
Stats & Insights for Saints
- Last season the Saints racked up just 2.4 fewer points per game (19.4) than the Packers allowed (21.8).
- The Saints were 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall in games when they scored more than 21.8 points last season.
- The Packers had a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games when they gave up fewer than 19.4 points last year.
- The Saints collected 333.8 yards per game last season, only 2.7 fewer than the 336.5 the Packers gave up per contest.
- When the Saints totaled over 336.5 yards last season, the team was 3-5 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- In games the Packers limited their opponents to less than 333.8 yards last season, they had a -4 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last year the Saints rushed for 22.9 fewer yards per game (116.6) than the Packers allowed per contest (139.5).
- Last year the Saints had a 2-3 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record in games the team ran for over 139.5 yards.
- Last season, the Packers were -2 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to less than 116.6 yards on the ground.
- The Saints turned the ball over 25 times last season, one more turnover than the Packers forced (24).
Best Players for Saints
- Derek Carr: 3,522 PASS YDS / 234.8 YPG / 60.8% / 24 TD / 14 INT
- Jamaal Williams: 262 CAR / 1,066 YDS / 62.7 YPG / 17 TD / 12 REC / 73 YDS / 4.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Taysom Hill: 96 CAR / 575 YDS / 35.9 YPG / 7 TD / 9 REC / 77 YDS / 4.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Olave: 72 REC / 1,042 YDS / 69.5 YPG / 4 TD
- Juwan Johnson: 42 REC / 508 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 7 TD
- Rashid Shaheed: 28 REC / 488 YDS / 40.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Demario Davis: 109 TKL / 10 TFL / 6.5 SACK / 1 INT / 6 PD